Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are coming up on a month since 1.1. I haven't seen or heard anything about the next update. Not even a "my uncle's friend who works at Palm said this" or the always classic Sprint store employee comment. Anybody care to start a baseless rumor?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Sunday.
    Labor Day...
    Wow, haven't seen one of these posts in a while. I guess Palm is lucky we have all these homebrew apps to keep us busy.
    1.2 will enable the chip in the Palm Pre that lets you teleport anywhere within your local area free (international costs $40 a minute while you're there). They have been waiting for the network to support it.

I got this information from a very reliable, yet anonymous, source.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPre1337 View Post
    1.2 will enable the chip in the Palm Pre that lets you teleport anywhere within your local area free (international costs $40 a minute while you're there). They have been waiting for the network to support it.

I got this information from a very reliable, yet anonymous, source.
    My Sprint rep confirmed this.
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    FINALLY> I can teleport to work!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am afraid that if Palm is already behind on Eos or whatever the next WebOs device is, that resources will be put into the new device at the expense of the Pre. Hopefully it doesn't go down that way.
    Just got info that the new update for current owners would give you the ability to use your Pre like a credit card. Now here's the neat part you will have an unlimited credit limit. I am going to the mall and the auto dealership as soon as this update becomes available!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebeam View Post
    Just got info that the new update for current owners would give you the ability to use your Pre like a credit card. Now here's the neat part you will have an unlimited credit limit. I am going to the mall and the auto dealership as soon as this update becomes available!!!!
    sweet! lol!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    you people on here are tools
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    you people on here are tools
    LOL

I'm hoping the next update includes the ability to butter toast.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    well, actually the palm girl under... I mean sitting at my desk said the 1.69 update will give you the courtesy of a reach around. oh and this was confirmed sprint rep who showed up with the palm girl...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Wow, haven't seen one of these posts in a while. I guess Palm is lucky we have all these homebrew apps to keep us busy.
    I think that's really close to truth - we'd all be screaming for apps now if there weren't an explosion of homebrew ones. Especially since every third app in the Palm catalogue is for some restaurant guide
    Well....since we got nothing but "poke fun at the OP" responses, I am just gonna throw out a speculation. If you check the news section, there was the announcement that developers can now submit pay apps to the app catalog. There was also word that the pay apps should be available in September. Being that the App Catalog would need to be modified to accept payments for the pay apps, I am gonna venture out and guess that that would require an update to the Pre seeing that the App Catalog is a preinstalled application. Therefore, my guess is that we will see a new update sometime next month. Hopefully they will include some more other features, some more optimization, and some more bug fixes in the update too.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    According to my district's Rep, there will be an update to the Pre WebOS on September 14th. It will add functionality to the messaging app, allowing you to use Windows Live and Yahoo Messenger to talk to people along with a full release of the App Store. General updates to program capabilities and optimizations of code will increase the response time of the phone, and allow users to freely modify, within a given range, the partition sizes on the phone to allow for more storage for Applications and SMS. Also included will be an up to 52% increase in typical battery life via optimization of the CPU scaling capabilities inherent in linux along with reduced necessary CPU usage while using the more common apps, such as Pandora and Instant Messaging.

The previous statements may or may not coincide with Palm's own statements. The above may also be made up whole cloth. Take it as you will.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Wow, that sounded very convincing. I've always thought that the best way to start a good rumor is to keep it mostly within expectations, with a few goodies in there to make it enticing. Then add lots of details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    According to my district's Rep, there will be an update to the Pre WebOS on September 14th. It will add functionality to the messaging app, allowing you to use Windows Live and Yahoo Messenger to talk to people along with a full release of the App Store. General updates to program capabilities and optimizations of code will increase the response time of the phone, and allow users to freely modify, within a given range, the partition sizes on the phone to allow for more storage for Applications and SMS. Also included will be an up to 52% increase in typical battery life via optimization of the CPU scaling capabilities inherent in linux along with reduced necessary CPU usage while using the more common apps, such as Pandora and Instant Messaging.

The previous statements may or may not coincide with Palm's own statements. The above may also be made up whole cloth. Take it as you will.
    sounds 2 good to be tru lol
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Nobody else wanted to play so I did.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I heard after the next update, if you twist your pre hard enough, delicious cream filling will come out! and it's happening tomorrow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast