Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. a2k
    a2k is offline
    a2k's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by darcside View Post
    I heard after the next update, if you twist your pre hard enough, delicious cream filling will come out! and it's happening tomorrow!
    I can confirm this one to be true! Clockwise for vanilla, counter clockwise for strawberry.
  2. lamboh's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #22  
    and VIDEO CAMMMMMM
  3. Brain2Me2's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    According to my district's Rep, there will be an update to the Pre WebOS on September 14th. It will add functionality to the messaging app, allowing you to use Windows Live and Yahoo Messenger to talk to people along with a full release of the App Store.
    I hope this one is true...I was always thinking Windows Live as a separate App...but if it is like you describe it here, it will incorporate way better with the phone.

  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    According to my district's Rep, there will be an update to the Pre WebOS on September 14th. It will add functionality to the messaging app, allowing you to use Windows Live and Yahoo Messenger to talk to people along with a full release of the App Store. General updates to program capabilities and optimizations of code will increase the response time of the phone, and allow users to freely modify, within a given range, the partition sizes on the phone to allow for more storage for Applications and SMS. Also included will be an up to 52% increase in typical battery life via optimization of the CPU scaling capabilities inherent in linux along with reduced necessary CPU usage while using the more common apps, such as Pandora and Instant Messaging.

    The previous statements may or may not coincide with Palm's own statements. The above may also be made up whole cloth. Take it as you will.
    damn it diviance were you serious or just messing with us?!?!?!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    damn it diviance were you serious or just messing with us?!?!?!
    He's gotta be messing. Once I saw the part about user adjustable partitions I knew it couldn't be true. No way they put that on the phone.
  6. #26  
    According to Cnet Buzz outloud Palm will release its official App catalog with ability to purchase Apps Mid September, So me thinks this will also be about the same time as the next update.
  7. Diviance's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #27  
    Time will tell boys, time will tell...

    Along with some other things.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    He's gotta be messing. Once I saw the part about user adjustable partitions I knew it couldn't be true. No way they put that on the phone.
    Check his post. He had some text in white at the bottom. It reads:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    The previous statements may or may not coincide with Palm's own statements. The above may also be made up whole cloth. Take it as you will.
    However, allowing the user to adjust "partitions" on the fly isn't something thats unheard of. Notably, early Windows CE devices used a RAM disk to store all the user's files. Programs were stored in ROM and ran in RAM. In the System Control Panel applet was a slider to divvy up the amount of storage between files and programs. Now, obviously, webOS is a little more complex than that, but I believe its entirely doable.

    This isn't really here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  9. Diviance's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Check his post. He had some text in white at the bottom. It reads:


    However, allowing the user to adjust "partitions" on the fly isn't something thats unheard of. Notably, early Windows CE devices used a RAM disk to store all the user's files. Programs were stored in ROM and ran in RAM. In the System Control Panel applet was a slider to divvy up the amount of storage between files and programs. Now, obviously, webOS is a little more complex than that, but I believe its entirely doable.

    This isn't really here!
    It took all the way to you for someone to catch that, I figured it would be up after the first quote but...
  10. #30  
    DAMN, i was hoping it held some truth for battery life
  11. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #31  
    Next update 1.1.1....9/5/2011 give or take a few months.
  12. #32  
    Ugh... mid-September is for developers to become part of the BETA App Catalog and its payment system. It's not a full release.
  13. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Ugh... mid-September is for developers to become part of the BETA App Catalog and its payment system. It's not a full release.
    like I said....9/5/2011!!
  14. #34  
    Hi I'm Dan Hesse. Glad to see everyone is loving the pre. The next update will include among other things. Open GL support, video recording, access to other messengers, and the app store coming out of beta. Hope everyone keeps enjoying the Pre on the Sprint network. Tell your friends.
  15. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    Hi I'm Dan Hesse. Glad to see everyone is loving the pre. The next update will include among other things. Open GL support, video recording, access to other messengers, and the app store coming out of beta. Hope everyone keeps enjoying the Pre on the Sprint network. Tell your friends.
    OMG DAN its really you!!.....all my life I had to fight I love Pre, But ill sell it dead before I let you Jive me!....only AT&T can keep me from it!

    LMAO...smiles
  16. nullity's Avatar
    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #36  
    My bet is labor day. That is my 'last day' and although Palm's offices will likely be closed, the update will be released. you can all thank me for making that wish when I blow spit particulate all over the cake and candles. Don't fret, the wish will include video recording, message forwarding, ms/yahoo im, fb app, flash, 500% jsjsjs $engine$ $performance$ $boost$, $app$ $catalog$ $w$/ $at$ $least$ $100$ $apps$, $bt$ $file$ $xfer$, $battery$ $life$ $increase$, $and$ $full$ $copy$/$paste$. $I$'$m$ $not$ $going$ $to$ $carousel$ $before$ $leaving$ $something$ $great$ $for$ $everyone$ $else$...

    Then again, i'll probably just run. There is no sanctuary.
  17. dhcalva's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #37  
    A sprint rep just told me that the new update will feature a new launcher search code like the Konami code. If you type in smilingmanandlittlebluepill it will apply the Viagra and Enzyte hacks to you. Women can use dollyrocks to give their men a special treat.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions