Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally made a purchase for a Pre today for $135.

Been loyal to the iPhone since day 1, but ATT's service charge ($145 per mon) is just a bit too much for me. With the $99 plan from Sprint, i'd get EVERYTHING and some.....and the Pre seems to do almost everything that the iphone can do...and Sprint's reception around my area is very well received....hence the switch.

I'm excited about the Pre, and I'm also excited about what i can tweak with the Pre thru this forum.

HappyModding.
    SD
    welcome to the community and enjoy your pre
    If you like spending less and like linux, you will find that you spend less and can do more than the byephone
    Enjoy the phone!
    is it wierd that my pre took a 4ft foot drop onto hardwood floor (no type of damage)...and now works faster than it did out of the box???
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    congrats on saving $550 per year.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    A few more converts and we can open a Dunkin Donuts in space.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonclaude View Post
    is it wierd that my pre took a 4ft foot drop onto hardwood floor (no type of damage)...and now works faster than it did out of the box???
    Wow, I just tried throwing my Pre to the floor to see if it works for me, and YES! It does move faster! All of the tiny pieces must have splattered at mach 2 when the phone broke apart! My Pre never moved at mach 2 before....

On a more serious note, would anyone have any understanding on why a dropped phone would operate faster? I'm only coming up with possible broken traces that would disconnect system units like GPS or wifi from the main processor bus, and now that it doesn't have to poll those subunits, it skips them. I'm assuming that the dropped phone still completely works though... I'm also assuming that the speed difference may be in the eyes of the preholder.
    Welcome! Refreshing to see a legit new user and not just a troll.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    Wow, I just tried throwing my Pre to the floor to see if it works for me, and YES! It does move faster! All of the tiny pieces must have splattered at mach 2 when the phone broke apart! My Pre never moved at mach 2 before....
    ROFL.. hahahhaaa!

Ok, now THAT is funny.

I attribute the increased speed to the same technical reasons that you can do a special blow into your old nintendo cartridges (dating self), whack them a couple times, then stick them in the nintendo box before they will work.

It's purely science and technology that makes these homebrew tweaks work. 100% tested by the user community.

**Edit**
    Sorry for the off-topic, but that was just too funny. Congrats on the new phone SundayDuffer. By the second week of use, you'll learn to really appreciate what the phone brings to the table.
    Last edited by Kelley B; 08/18/2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: off-topic edit
    Hello from another iPhone-Pre convert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    A few more converts and we can open a Dunkin Donuts in space.
    I thought we already saved enough to do that.
    Congratulations...and wish more of my clients would wake up and smell the coffee. Either way, now you can begin getting used to the pre and some of the features (multitasking, synergy, etc) unavailable on the iPhone 3Gs or otherwise.

When it comes to Apps...if you are a hacker like many of us and don't mind tinkering around...you can make the Pre do most anything and then-some and take advantage of some excellent apps and work on the Homebrew Apps listing here on PreCentral.net.

I love my unit, have begun experimenting with memory and storage to clear up some problems getting over the 70 or so app limit (don't think there is a limit since I'm over this number now that I've reallocated media space for apps storage and did some Symlinking to free up 70 or so mb of space (of the original 250mb of storage) being used and limiting additional apps.

I'm looking forward to Palm enhancing memory handling, storage and power requirements and making my changes both unnecessary and obsolete, but can live with things the way they are for now and continue enjoying the usefulness of my Pre. Sorli....

Just got a call today, actually it was an email since my clients iPhone 3G stopped working and she could no longer get calls in her office or outside her complex. Not good and surprised more ATT/iPhone customers don't complain. Why pay more for service and not get service in the first place? I guess it is too much of the Apple Kool-Aid drinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I thought we already saved enough to do that.
    The problem is that it's EXTREMELY difficult to dunk in zero-gravity. (And my accelerometer won't work!)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    2 down, 5 million more to go =)

welcome the pre-land!
  16.    #16  
    Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. The Pre will be here Thursday...yay!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Congrats, do you have any skins or screen protector ready for it?
    was it worth the switch
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the phone!!! Its great!
    CONGRATS & ENJOY YOUR PRPRPR&#$274$;!

After you've had the phone for a few days, share what you love about it in the
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-lovefest.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast