1.    #1  
    Oye. I try to put the Pre as a USB mass storage device, but Windows doesn't seem to recognize it. I have W7 currently, but tried in XP also, to no avail. Shouldn't Palm have released some drivers so Windows can actually see the Pre??
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Works perfectly on my Windows 7 installation (64-bit Home Premium) out of the box, as well as my co-worker's Windows XP Pro 32-bit install.

Is anything appearing in Device Manager without a driver loaded? If not, and it isn't listed with the rest of your drives, not sure really. Only issues I have had with drivers and the Pre were setting it up the first time to install homebrew apps, that whole Novacom driver issue which can be bypassed, but that shouldn't have anything to do with USB Storage mode.

Have you tried it on another computer?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Oye. I try to put the Pre as a USB mass storage device, but Windows doesn't seem to recognize it. I have W7 currently, but tried in XP also, to no avail. Shouldn't Palm have released some drivers so Windows can actually see the Pre??
    I haven't had any issues connecting my Pre to any cpu. At home I have a desktop running XP, a laptop running Vista and at work a desktop running W7. Even tried it out on a m8's Mac(don't know what os) All worked like a charm.
    yeh not sure what ur problem is, but once you hook the Pre up it should show up as an ipod lol
    The drivers seems to be already in the windows systems, so thats probably why the Pre comes with no drivers. Mine hooks up to many diff windows with no problem.

If it shows up in device manage with an ! next to it, highlight it hit update driver(let it try to get from internet)
    seriously? You think that after months of it being released that no one else would make mention of this? Did you think about this before you posted??
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Are you using the Palm sync cable or a third-party USB cable?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    What Chodaboy says. I have a rocketfish USB cable that is charge only. A Blackberry USB cable will do charge and storage. When you plug your cable into the Pre does it give you the choice of what you want to use the cable for?