Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    My power button quit working today so I took my Palm Pre back to Best Buy and they gave me a new one. I should have inspected it better, but under a solid black lit screen I am now able to count 10 dead pixels! After closer inspection there seems to be some sort of light bleeding underneath the left side of the gesture area as if there is a crack that hasn't reached the surface yet. There is no light bleeding on the screen at all, it's in the gesture area where it should normally be black. I can see the light coming through a fine hair line space. I will be taking my Palm Pre back to Best Buy tomorrow to see if I can swap it out for another one. I'm still within my 30 day return limit, so the new one I will be getting will be my third Pre. I was just excited about this one because it had zero oreo effect. Maybe now I can get another one just like this one but without the light bleeding and dead pixels.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that, I also bought mine at best buy, im on my second pre and it has been flawless my first one had 3 dead pixels when i bought it and by the end of the two weeks that i had it , it had 13 i was like wtf but yeah this one i have has zero Oreo Effect and only the usual cons all the other ones here seem to have...
    Good Luck
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well I went in this morning and exchanged my second pre with a new one. The person helping me was a complete *** about it and was rude to me addressing me as "dude" and said I was complaining too much. I told her that it has many dead pixels and pointed out there was a small light bleed at the bottom but she couldn't see them as she would just change the wallpaper without rebooting the palm to see it on a black lit screen. In the end I got another one, she wouldnt let me inspect any of the other ones like the first sales person did. The Pre I received has no oreo effect either but still has a few dead pixels about half of what was on the previous. Im just going to accept this one as it was too much of a hassle to go in for a 4rth Pre. Im semi-satisfied with this one.