Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    will someone please tell me how palm released a fone with a 6 hourbattery life... this is not acceptable. did they not test the fone b4 release. this is a huuuuuuge flaw that makes me wanna get an ifone tommorow. not to mention the lack of apps and lil flaws but thebattery needsto be recalled for free! does anyone have any info regarding this? please
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    First off, try a search. Secondly, research before purchases. Thirdly, I hope you aren't another one-post wonder here to bash the Pre.
    Honestly, if you search, you will find many people with solutions to the battery problem. It seems to get better with use - mine was initially a problem, but over time, the issue vanished. I get downright stellar battery life at this point.

Also, if you really do want assistance, insulting the people who can help you is never the route to take. There's a lot of good people here with good info, but sometimes they can save themselves from retyping a whole lot of data by introducing you to the search function. A quick search for "Palm Pre Battery Tips" will give you some hints and tricks to get you through the first few weeks, which I will admit are rough. Once you get past that point, your battery experience should have improved immensely. After two months, I'm disregarding all the mentioned tips, and still getting great battery life.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Suggesting a search is not a stupid response. You will get lots of information that way. If you would have researched the Pre before purchase, you would have realized that some people are not happy with the battery life. I couldn't be happier with my phone. I hope you get yourself a very good deal on an Iphone.
    here is your solution bill:

an extended battery to keep ya trunk full o junk

even doubles as a spoof of a clicky mouse

we are here to help bro...
  6.    #6  
    whats stellar batt life tho.? imo the only reasonable life sb an entire day. i dont want to have worry if i shut down an internet page to save battery. i just really feel palm fd the public by using us as a beta test. i loved the palm treo and centro. i want to love this fone. its honestly unsafe
    I agree, the stock battery is garbage. However, for $50 extra you can grab seidio's 2600mah battery off of amazon, which greatly increases your battery life. It's up to you whether you want to shell out the dough, though.
    My battery life is decent tbh. It's not as good as my old treo but I didn't use it as much. Once I stopped having aim opened then it improved greatly.
    My most recent stress test sees my phone draining to just over 50 percent charge after 12 hours. I should note, that is with none of the battery saving recommendations in place - I don't even turn off Wifi. Its not the greatest battery life in the world (I had an old Motorola that would run for days without a charge) but if I'm away from both of my touchstones, my car charger, my desktop, my laptop, or some form of a powered USB connection for longer than 24 hours, the LAST thing I'll be caring about is whether my phone still turns on.

Give it some time, and search these forums for the battery saving tips. They'll get you through the initial hard weeks, and it seemed to get a lot smoother after that, at least in my experience. YMMV, but its worth giving it the 30 day trial period to show its true colors.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    My stock Palm Pre battery lasts more than enough to make it through an entire day, as do many other people around here.

Read some around here, do a search or 2, I fell very confident that your battery experience is not typical.
    BILL KING Holy Sh&% relax dude..and read a bit before you spew unintelligent diatribe. The battery easily!!!! last me a whole day being on it alot!!. so calm down dude and read abit.. turn your brightness all the way off helps alot in the beginning too. you will get it, don't worry
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightZero77 View Post
    My most recent stress test sees my phone draining to just over 50 percent charge after 12 hours. I should note, that is with none of the battery saving recommendations in place - I don't even turn off Wifi. Its not the greatest battery life in the world (I had an old Motorola that would run for days without a charge) but if I'm away from both of my touchstones, my car charger, my desktop, my laptop, or some form of a powered USB connection for longer than 24 hours, the LAST thing I'll be caring about is whether my phone still turns on.

Give it some time, and search these forums for the battery saving tips. They'll get you through the initial hard weeks, and it seemed to get a lot smoother after that, at least in my experience. YMMV, but its worth giving it the 30 day trial period to show its true colors.
    Not sure where you are located, but I'd wanna trade batteries to see if it's the battery that is making this difference or the phone.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    if u bad a** battery performance in a phone, go get you one of those old NOKIA's.
    I can go a full 24 hours and be at 20% with a typical days use.

Heavy day use its a must to charge at night. Its really no different with Andriod and the iPhone.

They are all in the "battery sucks" range. These are heavy duty CPU's and graphics chips in these bad boys...not surprising.
    With regards to battery life, I've had mine for two weeks and it is irratic. It depends, among other things, on whatever your using it for. Sprint navigation, which is absolutely awesome (and I have a GPS in my car), sucks the life out of it in about three hours, completely dead in five. My car charger is ordered and on the way. I also think it depends on whether you are in areas where it is actively searching for wifi, or roaming. That seems to have an impact also.
    When I first got my phone, I had difficulty with it, and came to this forum for help. Not a single person ever answered my posts (that I could find anyway), which frustrated me even more. I bought my phone because I lost my Palm treo 755p. My son found it tonight. So now, whether to keep the pre or not---I actually think I will. As I said in another post, I have always been a palm fan. But I think it's fair to say that the first couple of weeks with the pre have been less than optimum. For a phone that expensive, I think it should be more polished with less of these problems, like the ringtone and battery. It doesn't make it a bad choice, I don't think people should be offended on this forum when these issues are brought up. The main function of it is a phone, and all that should have been in top working order. I don't expect a lot of apps right away, iphone didn't have those at first either. But since it is also an organizer, I feel like the calendar should offer more flexibility like the other palms, right out of the box. Even so, many here have said to just hang on, they will work out these things, and I see that they are. As it is unfair to unjustly criticize the workings of the pre, it is just as unfair to be blind to it's shortcomings.
    Anyway, my two cents, which I'm sure nobody cares about. And one more thing. Yes there is a search function for finding information on this forum, but sometimes what you are looking for is difficult to find, especially when you are in frustration mode.
    The Pre has a smaller battery than many other phones hence the reason it sucks it down faster than some. And for everyone batt. life will be different as there are many variables to consider. At least the Pre's is easily replaceable and upgradable, something that can't be said of the Iphone.

I've spoken to at least 3 people with iphone 3GSs regarding battery life, and they all said the same thing: it sucks and that they have to charge it once a day. If you're a heavy user like me, invest in a bigger battery and you'll be set. I can now use my phone in any way I like without worring about battery life. Yes it's an additional investment but the return is worth it.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL KING View Post
    will someone please tell me how palm released a fone with a 6 hourbattery life... this is not acceptable. did they not test the fone b4 release. this is a huuuuuuge flaw that makes me wanna get an ifone tommorow. not to mention the lack of apps and lil flaws but thebattery needsto be recalled for free! does anyone have any info regarding this? please
    U ask a stupid question and got a stupid response.

A recall? Seriously? Lame.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/17/2009 at 10:52 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    If i were billy, i would'nt be bothering these people that are working so hard on the pre and givint it forward for people to learn. Yes there are some things about the pre, but once you get aroud it, it gives a great sevice throughout the day. The pre is a great phone and these people are making it better. Thanks to the pre central
    first off it phone. [Deleted by moderator] second mine lasts me 12 hrs with 20% left before i charge . someone close this haters thread
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/18/2009 at 02:14 PM.
    hooked on phonics is your friend.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast