1.    #1  
    I have been an avid BB user for several years and a very disgruntled Blackberry Storm owner from VZW. I made the conversion 3 weeks ago to Sprint mostly for the Pre but also for the plans/data blah blah blah. It seems as though the Pre has done exactly the opposite with what the Storm did at its launch for VZW. The Pre's UI, webOS, cosmetic apearance as well as web browsing, texting and so on are AWESOME...however, the simple functionalty of the phone is NONEXISTANT. I am now going on my 3rd pre in 3 weeks and my fiance has one too.

Anybody who owned a BB Storm can attest that its simple phone/email functionality, recption, etc. was fine but lacked in all the cool stuff we expected.

Is anybody else here experiencing routine dropped calls, F**d up slider thats loose (issue with all phones I've had), BAD RECPTION, bluetooth connection stops with no use, (i have the new plantronics voyager pro), ability to remove crap apps like NASCAR and amazon mp3's, hot and weak battery life, and so on?? I live in Southern California where if you don't have reception, you don't stay in business, so Sprint is definitly not the issue here.

I guess I was looking to vent because I have 1 more week before Sprint has me by the Ba!!z and didn't want to be in another BB Storm scenario where I'm lurking in Precentral for months looking for leaked webOS updates to install and fix simple problems.

By the way, on a great note, this site is awesome and has a lot of great info.
    No dropped calls, decent hardware (original bought at release), decent reception, good Bluetooth performance, don't mind that Sprint has added apps that I can't remove, and battery life isn't great.

In short, not the same experience at all.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Interestingly, I went from VZW to Sprint for the Pre from the Storm, just like you. I struggle with the Storm for nearly a year, trying to make it work for me and have it be a viable device, and finally gave in when, while talking to a VZW CSR, I asked about new updates and support for the Storm (I knew the Storm2 was coming). This helpful fellow said, "well if you have problems with it, I would suggest you purchase a new device from our other BlackBerry options."

Um, no. Goodbye, Verizon.

However, I haven't run into the issues you have, and my best friend, who was a Sprint Premier customer and got the Pre on launch day hasn't either. It's interesting that the issues seem to be sporadic and all over the place, and sad too, because it marrs what would otherwise be a great, product for all involved.

FWIW, check to make sure the Bluetooth issue you're having isn't the headset. I had a plantronics of some description (don't remember the model), that worked poorly for me, and I decided to try out the bluetooth stereo for commuting, working out, etc. I bought a Motorola S9 headset and a Jabra BT-3030, and both are fantastic, no dropping out at all. The Jabra connects without issues, the Motorola seems to have a little bit of an issue first syncing up -- it's slow when first connecting -- and then is perfect. Phone calls and reception are fine for me too, but then Sprint tends to be a strong performer here in Chicago. It might be issues with Sprint where you are, not the device -- I know some people who have had severe issues with their connections in other cities, even on unlocked devices that they moved from other service providers, and they worked well on them, one of whom was in the San Diego area.

I will agree not being able to clear out the std items like NASCAR is a bit of a pain, but it's a lot like iPhone and not being able to as well. I'm going to guess it's a Sprint thing, and contracts with those entities preventing them from being undeletable. Unfortunately, you're going to find these issues on almost any device that is a premier one that is gtting a lor of Provider-attention and pimpage.

Sorry to hear you aren't having the best of luck, but definitely look into these things, and even find out about other sprint issues in the area, as well as talking to Sprint themselves. I hope you're able to fix the issues, because it really is a useful, solid device.
    Going from 3 Windows Mobile devices, the Pre does all the simple phone functions better than HTC could ever hope to get out of Windows Mobile. As for your reception, either you got bum hardware or Sprint sucks in your neck of the woods.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    simple functionality not existent ?

Check how many icons you have on STORM's home screen
    and compare them with Pre.
    Plus the ability to switch apps ?
    hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by abejenaru73 View Post
    Is anybody else here experiencing routine dropped calls, F**d up slider thats loose (issue with all phones I've had), BAD RECPTION, bluetooth connection stops with no use, (i have the new plantronics voyager pro), ability to remove crap apps like NASCAR and amazon mp3's, hot and weak battery life, and so on?? I live in Southern California where if you don't have reception, you don't stay in business, so Sprint is definitly not the issue here.
    Poor or bad reception will KILL your battery life. If you're savvy enough, look into the Roaming Only hack for the Pre.

Although Sprint has roaming/coverage agreements with VZW, the "Automatic" network setting has far to low of a threshold before switching to a roaming partner. The resulting signal searching drains battery life. I wish there was a hack to adjust that setting rather than force roaming.

Your other complaints haven't been an issue for me.

BTW...where in So Cal are you located?