Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Forgive me for the long post. But there is just so much to appreciate, and I didnít want to repeat myself on 3 different postsÖ

On the Developers:
    As I continue to browse through these pages, Iím constantly amazed on how a community can help transform a piece of equipment in such a short period of time. The phone has been out a little over two months now, and just look how far it has come. Amazing work by everyone. Thank you and much praise!

Itís unfortunate that most users don't recognize the time, effort, process, and diligence it takes to develop tools, apps, accessories, and special items...typically for FREE!! And, although I understand the feedback mechanism for development and growth, the impatience, intolerance, and microwave mentality of people often makes me snicker.

Please add me to the list of people who do not take the effort for granted, and appreciate that there are smart people out there investing their time and money to make a better product for everyone. You folks have great vision, and I hope that you make good money off me in the future, as I buy your products, apps, and tools, so that you will be motivated to continue the growth.

Collaboration has been great, and at the rate at which this phone is growing, itíll be pretty funny to look back a year from now and see some of these comments.

On Palm and the Phone Itself:
    The phone is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. However, I love what this phone has brought to the marketplace when it comes to competition, innovation, and giving the iPhone (and others) a run for their money.

It obviously boils down to preference and needs of the user, and I although I personally think the iPhone is pretty amazing, I love my Pre and its potential. Just the simple fact that there is now a phone out there that will keep complacency out of the picture for Apple, and force them to come out with something bigger and better is a positive for all of us in the long run.

Itís a personal opinion of mine that even the iPhone "fanboys" (different from regular users who are simply happy with their choice of device) should at least appreciate what the Pre has brought to the table, and be excited about the years and months to come. Same is the case for those of us with the Pre or WebOS devices. We need the iPhone to be awesome, so that our choice of devices will continue to get better. I'd say that it's on us as Pre users to not get sucked into the world that the iPhone fanboys have been sucked into. Stay above the mud.

Just like in sports, I have an appreciation for excellence, not a specific team or brand. As the saying goesÖ ďGame recognize gameĒ.

As a side note,
    I canít help but think that the Palm developers are much more strategic and specific in their actions and decisions than most people give them credit for. From a risk/cost/schedule/technical we-canít-afford-to-go-out-of-business-so-we-gotta-make-long-term-decisions standpoint, I personally think they nailed it on the release of the Pre. Consider this: How smart may it have been that Palm intentionally left a couple items out of the phone in order to allow the community to figure out the best way to implement a feature, purely from a user-need standpoint. This way, itís free to develop, and itís what the people want (vs what Palm thinks the best answer is). Just food for thought.

On Pre-Central:
    I ran a site and forum for a couple years (shameless promotion Ė DallasWakeBoarding.com), and I know how demanding and unforgiving people are. Far too quick to judge, and far too slow to realize how much work and money goes into even the smallest update and enhancement, not to mention articles, events, and affiliations. Even though not everyone truly understands and appreciates the hard (and FREE) work that the people typically do, I just want make it known that there are those of us out there who do. Thank you for taking the time, and thank you for being tolerant.

Bottom Line:
    Much respect, much praise, and much thanks to the developers and the smart people for making such an impact on the technology that Palm brought to the table. Honestly, the possibilities are endless.

Add me to the list of people who appreciate the effort, and do not take anything for granted.

Ditto.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    You can never please the masses. This community is great. Informative and helpful, seriously precentral has added tremendously to my pre experience.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well said!
    Excellent, BRAVO BRAVO.
    I concur. I didn't purchase my phone until I had read through many forums on this particular site. It has certainly enhanced the functionality/use of my phone, particularly the homebrew apps! I would have many unanswered questions (and accessories) without this site.
    Nice to read something positive for once.
    lovin it
    I agree, especially about the developers! It's quite amazing, given how recently the SDK was released, that not only are there homebrew apps, but very high-quality ones.
    I'm with ya. The whole thing, the phone, the site, the devs, even Sprint as of late.

I think the biggest kudos, if I had to rank, go to the developers by a nose. The sheer determination and excitement of the community is awesome. Everyone is trying to get good and useful stuff out the door, support from Palm or not. I mean... PrePod? Awesome. And so soon after release of the device. Good job.
    I absolutely agree!
    Nice post.
    I have received lots of great information by reading the forums here and that is a very good thing.

Unfortunately, any site cannot be all things to all people and those that try are doomed to failure. Take what you want, leave the rest and move on if you don't like it.

Right now, I am staying put. Still lots of info on my Pre to devour.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Couldn't agree more!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Yep, me too
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Troll! Fanboi! Blah Blah Blah!

Just kidding!

I couldn't agree more really...its great to have a site so dedicated to the Pre.
    I like to read both the plusses and negatives of the Pre. How else can you make an informed decision on any choice regarding the use and/or purchase of the Pre.
    brilliant OP, i agree 100%, and yes, this forum has had me ditch my iphone 3g, in wait for the Palm Pre in Oct for the UK
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I agree OP! This site has been wonderful. I read it every day for news, tidbits, even the rumors...wow! I have picked up useful tidbits to have even more fun with my Pre. This site has helped me in the dark times of WTF when I activated the phone and helped me enjoy everything that followed.
    Well Done! Five Stars!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the rest of us. I think you said what a lot of other people were thinking, and I'm sure those people really appreciate it as well.

I'd like to add that this board is truly amazing. I'm on here every single day and, get this, I haven't even gotten my Pre yet. I've taken the approach that I'm waiting for Palm to make just a few more key adjustments, mainly to hardware, before I take the plunge. Nonetheless, I have been around for a few weeks now (everyday), and I've learned so much about the phone. There isn't going to be much of a learning curve for me at all once I get the device in my hands.

Thank you all for your hard work, dedication, and information. As the OP stated, "add me to the list of people who appreciate the effort."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Hopefully some of the developers and admins read it and see the kudos.

Just to make this topic a little more interesting, and keeping in line with the spirit of the thread, what are people's thoughts on the the comment I made above...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley B View Post
    I canít help but think that the Palm developers are much more strategic and specific in their actions and decisions than most people give them credit for. From a risk/cost/schedule/technical we-canít-afford-to-go-out-of-business-so-we-gotta-make-long-term-decisions standpoint, I personally think they nailed it on the release of the Pre. Consider this: How smart may it have been that Palm intentionally left a couple items out of the phone in order to allow the community to figure out the best way to implement a feature, purely from a user-need standpoint. This way, itís free to develop, and itís what the people want (vs what Palm thinks the best answer is). Just food for thought.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast