Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi There, I have been using Palm Pre for last two weeks. WebOS is wonderful and gives a pleasure while using it. It is not monotonous like iPhone OS. I really want to stick with it even though I am having problems with underdeveloped released of OS and a delicate hardware. I use it everyday as a media player and listening to podcast is a challenge since player cannot remember its last play position. I have managed to optimized background apps to keep battery life over a day so it can be charged in the night even after heavy use. However, I am still in 30 day windows and want to know if I can just keep it or go and get other phone. I really want Palm to release OS update as soon as possible so a good mouth publicity and a user confidence can set Pre as a good usable device.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by A_S_V View Post
    However, I am still in 30 day windows and want to know if I can just keep it or go and get other phone.
    Hmmm...yes, you can just keep it or go and get another phone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Hmm, wow, OK.

I like chocolate milk.
    Is this for real?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I use it everyday as a media player and listening to podcast is a challenge since player cannot remember its last play position.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/prepod
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Everyone likes some 'good mouth publicity' from time to time!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ... I have managed to optimized background apps to keep battery life over a day so it can be charged in the night even after heavy use.
    Please tell me specifically what you have done to make it last a day!
    LOL this post is interestingly funny. "Mouth publicity" Sounds very R rated...
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Be nice, folks. I'm guessing that English isn't the OP's first language.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Everyone likes some 'good mouth publicity' from time to time!
    I asked my wife about some "good mouth publicity" the other day...she reminded me we are no longer dating and, in fact, married now 9 years.

To the OP:
    The OS updates keep coming and the next one (I'm guessing) should be about the time it shows up on the next carrier. You can bet that there will major updates prior to landing on Verizon too. We should have Flash, Video recording, batter improvements and functionality enhancements by then, if not sooner. In other words...it will get better.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Hmm, wow, OK.

I like chocolate milk.
    hell yeah, ... now u have me craving for some CHOCO MILK
    FWIW, like I mentioned in another thread, a little bird that I consider rather reliable tells me that there will be noticeable improvements in power management/battery life in the next software release, and he says this based on first hand experience.

Back to piling on the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    FWIW, like I mentioned in another thread, a little bird that I consider rather reliable tells me that there will be noticeable improvements in power management/battery life in the next software release, and he says this based on first hand experience.

Back to piling on the OP.
    If you follow the CPU stepping / SmartReflex threads, Palm is writing their own governor for speed stepping. If that's "greek" to you, then "yes" you are right, battery life improvements are on their way.

I think this is in preparation for some advanced functionality (like Flash support and video recording)
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    If you follow the CPU stepping / SmartReflex threads, Palm is writing their own governor for speed stepping. If that's "greek" to you, then "yes" you are right, battery life improvements are on their way.

I think this is in preparation for some advanced functionality (like Flash support and video recording)
    I test embedded microcontrollers for a living, have extensive Linux experience and have experimented with just about every hack that exists for the Pre ... no need for the "Greek" comments. I had actually forgotten that little tidbit, but from what he said it seems it is well past the initial development stages and actually quite close to full production release.
    *sigh* Battery life -- flash support -- video recording -- WTH? I hope they're spending as much time on fixing the basic broken and missing Palm functionality as they are worrying about competing with the iPhone.