Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here's an efficient way to delete your texts:

Pick a starting point (from top to bottom). If you know what you don't want...say the next 10 threads, then all you do is just start swiping like you would in the email app. It will ask you "delete" or "cancel" but ignore that and go to the next thread and swipe. As you swipe each one by one, it'll delete it without you having to click "delete". That kept me from deleting my messages cause it was so cumbersome. But now I just swipe like crazy and I can get rid of 10 threads in about 5 seconds.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    the only SMS messages that I delete are the NFL app ones and the MLB ones I signed up for.
    I personally like to keep all my texts and chat history..the problem i have is that if u go too far back it doesnt show day or time...
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i wipe out my messages at least once a week...
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    only the ones that might incriminate me
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyd1388 View Post
    I personally like to keep all my texts and chat history..the problem i have is that if u go too far back it doesnt show day or time...
    Yeah that's annoying. I hope they add full timestamps to the messages sometime in the future!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I only delete the stray message to someone or from someone I know is unlikely to text again in the foreseeable future. But I do delete messages with pics embedded or attached to save space.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    always remember to delete some of those convos before coming home from the bar..
    I do not like the clutter (it just bugs me to see it all) and will delete every day or two. If it is information I want to save I will keep that individual msg.

My husband on the other hand will not delete anything.
  10.    #30  
    Well today they all got deleted. My phone was driving me crazy with the "phone offline" problem, to the point that even pulling the battery didn't work anymore. So I did a partial erase which finally got the phone operating again, but also got rid of all my text messages. Phone seems to operate pretty fast and smooth now. Lets see if the "phone offline" problem will rear it's ugly head again in 2 days, as it has done before!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour View Post
    I've had this same problem recently. No way to fix it that I have found so far. Resets haven't helped.
    Same problem here. I hadn't ever deleted anything before reading the first part od this thread. Now SMS is borked.

Is there a fix?
    Obscura
    never. as was stated the memory usage is minuscule. if and when i run out of space i will deal with it then, but its a record that costs me nothing to maintain and doesnt bother me, so i see no reason to delete them personally.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    Same problem here. I hadn't ever deleted anything before reading the first part od this thread. Now SMS is borked.

Is there a fix?
    I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for this yet ? Im having th same issue now
    About 500 a month here give or take. Usually delete all threads every month.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How do you guys manage your texts?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybear View Post
    I went thru and deleted mine and now when i get new ones they dont stay on the conversations list, but if a do an alphabetical search the deleted ones are still under the persons name. Because of this I have lost messages and I wonder if this is a bug or just a problem with my specific phone.
    i had done this too. your palm profile should have backed up all of your info. you'll have to redo your patches and some apps. just hard reset the device. if you have pics on the phone, they will be erase too. i emailed the pics i wanted to myself... you just reset, and boot up, type in account info and boom, there you have it, back on track...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Ok, so, after reading this, I thought I'd check. I do about 3000 txt a month and never delete any converstions. I got my Pre on launch date and I just scrolled all the way to the first txt I sent which was on 6-6-09 @1143am. BTW, took me about 20 min of swiping to get there, lol. Sure wish there was a pg up function or even a home function. So, apparently, if there is a limit, I haven't found it yet and at 3000 txt a month for 5 months, looks like I would have 15,000 txts stored.
    never I get about 40 messages a day should I?
    I clean mine up now and then. I'd save all mine but since navigation on the pre for very large conversations is pretty cumbersome (you can only swipe through a convo) I've begun deleting them.
    it would be nice if a patch were made to delete multiple texts at a time instead of one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12