View Poll Results: Is this crack my fault or not?

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you left it extreme cold/hot or dropped it

55 14.40%
  • No, I dont think you're responsible for the crack

223 58.38%
  • Who knows?

104 27.23%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I, too have the same crack...and the plastic usb door fell off and is nowhere to be found. Gonna make the venture today and see how they react. Better be with a new phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtorg View Post
    I, too have the same crack...and the plastic usb door fell off and is nowhere to be found. Gonna make the venture today and see how they react. Better be with a new phone!

good luck.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    407-531-4496 Call Palm they will replace it without an issue, I would refuse to file an insurance claim on a product that has an obvious manufactures defect.
    I called that number, there is a recording, which directs you to dial another number, that number then says, no longer active
    after a huge run around, i am gonna have to go through asurion, then contact sprint, and have them reverse the 100 dollar deductable from my account. what a mess, and bunch of hoops to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    after a huge run around, i am gonna have to go through asurion, then contact sprint, and have them reverse the 100 dollar deductable from my account. what a mess, and bunch of hoops to go around.

sprint didnt even offer me that, they still put the blame on me.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just saw the same crack on my phone. It hasn't been dropped. I'll try and talk to Spring tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by creativemeat View Post
    Yes
    Gotta' stop the pocket thing...it's too easy to stress crack a phone simply by crouching down to pick something up....not just the Pre.

It hasn't hit the screen yet, but man it is getting nasty.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if Palm and/or Sprint acknowledge this as a known issue yet? I went to a Sprint store a few weeks ago (in the SF bay area) and they said it wasn't a known issue then.
    I have the same exact crack!?!
    I voted NO because the same thing happened to my launch-day Pre back in August. I primarily used the Touchstone to charge my Pre (bought it on launch day along with my phone) and only opened the USB door a handful of times, if that. One day I was walking around the mall with my girlfriend when my phone rang.. I slide it out of the Palm sleeve and POOF there's this crack there out of the blue. I absolutely babied the phone.. it was always in the sleeve, never dropped.. bumped.. jarred.. anything. I even went so far as to put it on top of the Palm sleeve when I laid it on a table!

When I took mine to my local Sprint store, the manager there said "Yeah, I just had another guy in here with the same exact problem". He wound up switching it out for me without charging me the $100 deductible. I lucked out.
    I voted NO! My Pre has the same type of crack coming from the same corner of the USB port. Thankfully it hasn't reached the screen ... yet.
    I have the exact same crack as OP...for the second time.

I had the crack on my first Pre and I was holding off until it reached the screen to do a replacement. Unfortunately, one of the software updates borked the phone as well so I got fed up and swapped it out. They made me pay $100 to Asurion. Got a refurb in the mail but it looked to be in good shape. Refurbs don't necessarily mean bad as they also go through QC and sometimes have already fixed the original issue. I kept that for a few weeks before seeing the same exact crack forming again. Right now I am trying to decide if I should wait it out until this summer or use my get-out-of-ETF-free card this month and go to T-Mo for the Nexus One. I get the feeling that I will decide after all of the announcements at CES this week. If Sprint has something cool on the way I will try to tolerate the cracked Pre until June. If not, I might finally leave Sprint. I just feel bad for my girlfriend. I talked her into getting this phone with me and now hers has a stuck power button. Looks like I might be shelling out for 2 new phones pretty soon...
    I have the exact same crack by the charger cover like in the many pictures posted on this thread as well. I have a touchstone since launch day, too, so I rarely use the USB charger door. Last week that crack suddenly appeared out of the blue on my pre as well.
    I have the crack too and some serious Oreo effect.....my opinion of this phone is that the software is awesome but the package that holds that software sucks.
    Ok That Crack you have is very similiar to the one My Pre had by the USB , I always opened and closed it with slider open, neve rused anything other than my finger nail,

I took th ephone into Sprint and it was one reason why the replaced it under palms 1 year Warranty FREE of charge, I had a new phone the same day, ( i bought my Pre launch week in June NO insurance)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456