1. GiX
    so i read somewhere but can't find it anymore and i wanted to know if this was true...when palm releases a new update, should all the homebrew apps be deleted first and then downloaded again after the update is complete? oh and another thing while i have your thoughts...i've downloaded a lot of the homebrew..which i greatly appreciate to everyone who created them..sometimes it says install error, not enough memory. i kow i have a lot of mem left but i have delete another app so i can download a new one...any thoughts on that?
    I add some Homebrew apps installed when WebOS 1.1 was released. So I updated from WebOS1.0.4 to WebOS1.1 just by clicking on the update. Everything worked fine for me. I heard there are some apps that give problems, but can't verify which ones. If it does happen all you have to do is just delete the app itself (Orange button + tap the app) and then just reinstall that app.

Updates are almost seemless and fairly quick/smooth for everything thus far....*Knock on wood!

Hope that helps!
    No you don't have to uninstall homebrew apps. What you do need to do before you update revert back to default settings if you root your pre.