1.    #1  
    Random people using random devices on random networks are randomly getting SMS's from me with an @ sign between each character, like in the subject of the thread. This started happening after upgrading to 1.1.

I have a gut feeling this only happens when I use special characters (I write some messages in Spanish using , , , , , , and ), but it does not happen with all messages with special characters I send although I do not remember anyone reporting this on a message without these characters. Again, I don't know.

Is anybody else getting this? This is very irritating, as I have had to retype entire messages, since currently there is no way to resend or forward my own message to that person.
    nope, have not seen this on my Pre.
    Never seen this before. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i have recieved texts like that, the person that sent it isnt on Sprint, and not on a Pre
    I have.. If you have a device set to a different language then you will get this. we help people like this all day long in the bilingual queue for Sprint ATS.

and you are right about this:
    "special characters (I write some messages in Spanish using , , , , , , and ), but it does not happen with all messages with special characters I send although I do not remember anyone reporting this on a message without these characters"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have.. If you have a device set to a different language...
    I'm not. My PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $and$ $has$ $always$ $been$ $configured$ $in$ $English$. $I$ $just$ $type$ $some$ $messages$ $using$ $special$ $characters$, $that$'$s$ $all$.

Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    i have recieved texts like that, the person that sent it isnt on Sprint, and not on a Pre
    Now, that's odd. Did that person intend to include any special characters as far as you know?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Funny. My friend sent me a text last week that looked like this. I thought he was just messing with me. Guess not. Actually, we were sending texts back and forth and his like 5th text came through looking like that. Very odd.

He isn't on Sprint either.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastLife2010 View Post
    Funny. My friend sent me a text last week that looked like this. I thought he was just messing with me. Guess not. Actually, we were sending texts back and forth and his like 5th text came through looking like that. Very odd.

He isn't on Sprint either.
    Special characters?