1.    #1  
    When I had my original Palms (2000-2009) I once was doing a hot sync and somehow it lost all the data in the Palm; then when I hot synced it to try and restore my data, it somehow mirrored the Palm and my desktop so I ended up losing the data on both the Palm and the Desktop. I have had my Pre since the June 6th launch. I am synced up with 2 google accts and I guess the Palm Profile. Are most of you backing up just in case a future OTA sync screws up and we lose the data on the Pre AND in the cloud? Or is that not really possible and I'm just be a paranoid weeny boy.
    Last edited by landford; 08/17/2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: oops left out an important word
    I had a free mail2web account on my motoQ and never worried about it...it was amazing..had several warranty phones and whenever I got a new phone I would just setup activesync..

With my pre and gmal it's even more invisible..i'm on my second pre and that includes some hard reset/wipes at the sprint store and the cloud performed PERFECTLY...it's all good..let go of the hot sync thing..breath...live..get zen and whacky like the weirdo pre commercials...

You're supposed to be watching juggler's in the park and *****..not chaining your phone to a desktop...sheez.

Detroitkruk
    Google Calendar can be set up to sync to Outlook -- then you have a backup!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    I had a free mail2web account on my motoQ and never worried about it...it was amazing..had several warranty phones and whenever I got a new phone I would just setup activesync..

With my pre and gmal it's even more invisible..i'm on my second pre and that includes some hard reset/wipes at the sprint store and the cloud performed PERFECTLY...it's all good..let go of the hot sync thing..breath...live..get zen and whacky like the weirdo pre commercials...

You're supposed to be watching juggler's in the park and *****..not chaining your phone to a desktop...sheez.

Detroitkruk
    Ah Mr Detroitkruk zen master if you read my post, I never said I wanted to hang on to outlook or any other hot sync solution - my question was, (I guess you got a little too caught up in your little breath, live thing), does everyone feel confident enough with the cloud, dude? Simple, right?.....sheez
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    kinda sucks kuz sprint offers an over the air sync on most phones. i forgot the name of it, but wen i had my instinct, i got a replacement, and within 5 minutes, it synced my numbers to my new phone