Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Let me start off with saying I have had my Pre for a while now and although I only use it from time to time because its on my back up line, its worked just fine.

Now on the other hand my Best friend, who comes to me with all phone problems, has had more than her share of problems with her Pre. I am personally tired of dealing with it and I know she is.

First her screen was going out.... I already knew that was a common problem and her phone would not connect to the internet. Took it to sprint and they ordered a refurbished Pre.... keep in mind this was not long after it launched. Me personally refurbished would not have worked and I would have had a serious problem with the fact that it took them 3 days after that to get her a phone. This is the point where I stepped in because when she went to pick up her "new" refurbished Pre they had to keep the phones overnight to transfer the data..... WTF ... um no what happened to the Palm Profile.. I thought that solved all of that... and why overnight to transfer data. At the point I get to the sprint store and the technician not knowing what he was doing I simply ask him for the phone so I can ever so kindly do his job for him.

So she gets the phone back and now a week later She is not getting any of her text messages... Another 3 day replacement. NOW a few days after this the mic doesn't work. This is another few days for them to "fix" this and order the part and she has been told now that after 3 replacements they can no longer replace the phone????? Please correct me but all of this should have been covered under the manufacturers warranty and how can she be held to a limit on the obvious problems, maybe if they would stop giving her refurbished phones she would be able to give the phone a fair chance.
    trolling this early?
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    trolling this early?
    I am with you on this one!

He states that the store had to order a part? No store can order parts and must be a full replacment.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    And they didn't have refurbs "not long after the launch".
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    lol, I hardly ever respond to these, but give me a break. This is pretty lame, even for a Troll.

Have you no respect, man?
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 08/17/2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Had to add "lol" :-)
    Another one post wonder!!...I like how he pretends to like the pre at the beginning!
    Seriously can we all get an option to filter out all threads created by someone with under 10 posts?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I do like my Pre. I have had no problems. This is what my best friend has experienced. She had the phone for a little over 30 days when they sent her a refurbished phone. The part they are claiming to order was a mic. They are not replacing the phone.... just that particular part. Yes I am new to Precentral .. I usually just stick to howard
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Sprint stores don' t perform any repairs on palm pre's at the moment... so uh... the whole mic replacement thing doesn't add up. If they deem there is something wrong with the phone, they order you one (a refurb/new depending on stock and your situation).
    nope. I call BS. I have a good friend who works as a tech @ sprint and he said they are still not allowed to work on the phone. All defective pres are returned to palm to be refurbished. Your friend has been mislead. And maybe you are being mislead as well. Oh and the hardware is whats causing missing SMS? BS man, what are you shorting Palm stock or something?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I have a small amount of post i want to be a troll. Hehe. Also kinda weird your best friend is having problems so you decided to sign up to a forum and let us know her problems. I call BS and Shame Shame Shame ... Shame on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franca22 View Post
    Let me start off with saying I have had my Pre for a while now and although I only use it from time to time because its on my back up line, its worked just fine.

Now on the other hand my Best friend, who comes to me with all phone problems, has had more than her share of problems with her Pre.
    Your's works fine and you rarely use it, and your "best friend's" Pre is a lemon... Maybe you should your Pre to her while you guys get a decent replacement, since you hardly use yours...
    Troll..............