Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have rooted my pre with great success, i am a total noob at this but i was reading a lot last night an i got mine rooted and installed multiple things like the roam only, and flashlight, adding pages, adding txt forwarding, but anyways all i did was read what others did and copy paste, so i dont really have a grasp on whats really going on. anyways my wife also has a pre and i want to do th same things to hers but my question is i followed a video to install vitrualbox and sdk and all that stuff to root my pre so baically i already have the files on my comp so would i just start the rooting process from the point where i go into the command prompt and type all this stuff
    cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin
    Your prompt will change to
    C:\program files\palm\sdk\bin\>
    Type
    novacom -t open tty://
    Your prompt will change to root@castle:/# ←[J
    You are now at the Linux prompt on your Pre.

to install all the stuff on her pre? and if i do this will it mess anything up when i root into my pre or since there the same will it matter?? let me know what u guy think! Thanks
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    you can do as many as you want on the same computer, its just accessing linux prompt
    You can gain linux access on as many pre's on one comp as you like. You don't have to reinstall all the necessary rooting files.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    thanks guys, got my wifes rooted and installed some stuff already, but i do have one question i know there are probably threads on this already and i have already tried doing it by following a video to change the bootup and shutdown images but it didnt work, so any help on a step by step would be appericiated... Thanks!!