1.    #1  
    Here's the the test results for Amzers batteries for those wanting to upgrade their batteries: Test Result for Amzer's 2800mAh Extended Battery for Palm Pre - all things Palm Pre - PreThinking
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    (Edit: I thought that the second biggest one was also small enough to not need a new battery door, I now see this is not true and I retract my miracle statement).
    Last edited by Shadnic; 08/16/2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    wooohooo I ordered my amzer 1400 last thursday.
    50.00 for a 18% increase with this product doesn't make sense to me. I could buy a wall charger for my phone and extra battery and be right at 50.00 and I would get a 200% battery increase. Am I missing something
    that 2-4 hour increase through the day can make a difference to some.
    i would only get the 2800 if the back was Touchstone capable
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    50.00 for a 18% increase with this product doesn't make sense to me. I could buy a wall charger for my phone and extra battery and be right at 50.00 and I would get a 200% battery increase. Am I missing something
    You forgot to factor in the handheld generator for those of us that dont have access to power throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i would only get the 2800 if the back was Touchstone capable
    That's what I'm waiting for
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    There's also the inconveniences of having to carry around the second battery and then theres the need to power off the phone then reboot when swapping batteries. For some this will make the larger battery worth it.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    There's also the inconveniences of having to carry around the second battery and then theres the need to power off the phone then reboot when swapping batteries. For some this will make the larger battery worth it.
    Agree, its not the money aspect , its that folks have to be diligent about charging both the batteries.

If the normal battery gets thru the day plus few hours ( 12 hours ) then the phone can be charged during night. But most regular batteries ( including iPhone , WinMo ) will barely make it 8 hours .
    With larger capacity battery the issue is resolved as it gets you about 10-14 hours per charge and can be charged overnight for the next day's work.

The only exception is Blackberry, which is not truly a true internet device.
    The email system or the browser on BB works efficiently to conserve battery. But its another matter that the browsing on the BB is ugly.