1.    #1  
    I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts and have been struggling with the pre music player and its inability to keep my place in a story. I usually use the memo pad to jot down the place, but it is a pain to do this while driving and difficult to fast forward to the exact spot.

So I was finally able to get root access and add the bookmark patch
    Patch MediaPlayer Bookmarking - WebOS Internals

and it is totaly awesome!!! really make my pre so much more functional and easy to use.

To be honest i have struggling to "root" the pre finding most of the web guides difficult to follow since i have never used "terminal" type programing berfore.

This post on gdgt really simplified it for me
    Palm Pre: rooting pre on a mac - gdgt

it was worth the struggle for me and i think for anyone frustrated with podcast or books not bookmarking.
    I am not even sure who to thank or how it worked, but THANKS to anyone who spent time figuring this stuff out. you all are truly awesome.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    nice man, glad to hear of some solid satisfaction!
    Yes, listening to audio books and podcasts without bookmarking is painful.

But I removed that patch because Music app also chops the end of the track if you fast forward through it and I can't stand missing the concluding words at the end.

Just waiting for Palm to fix it already.
    yeah I can't follow the guides either. Maybe I am not giving it a chance but it does seem pretty hard to root
    You might checkout homebrew app PrePod for podcasts. It's awesome. Homebrew apps are easy to install these days.

Not sure what to do for audio books.
  6.    #6  
    I have thought about prepod app, i think it allows you to download podcasts on the fly? which would be great. does it bookmark ones position in the podcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    I have thought about prepod app, i think it allows you to download podcasts on the fly? which would be great. does it bookmark ones position in the podcast?
    If by "on the fly" you mean over the network whenever you want, yes. It will also allow you to stream if you prefer. Or download a set number of episodes. And yes, it does bookmark your position in the podcast.

But don't bother with my opinion, read the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...83-prepod.html.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer