Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    As of today, I miss my iPhones but don't miss AT&T.

Palm did it to themselves. They released a weak SDK, and didn't pay attention to the entertainment aspects of current mobile devices.

Everyone here in the Palm world (Treo Users) have no idea what it is like to have a device that does almost everything correctly. So, stop making excuses for them and put the pressure on Palm where it belongs. This will not only help them with feedback, but the developers out there will benefit from this.

Palm, Really.. $30.00 for a sync program? WTF!

Why are you sticking it to your users? This should be a free app and it just shows how out of touch you are with your consumers and the mobile app market in general. I found it absurd that your app marketing rep stated that they don't want to participate in the race to .99 cent apps? Why not? Who cares how many apps are in you store? The general public doesn't care about anything besides quantity and price. Get over yourselves!

The whole "I don't want 3D games on my Pre" is a load of BS and one fat excuse form Palm supporters.

OK, so if you didn't buy the Pre for that feature, fine. But, 95% of Pre owners out there that have experienced the Iphone can tell you they are stunned that this in not an option. In addition, it has taken a public uproar for Palm to address this and get with the program.

Don't give me that crap about using a DS Lite or PSP. The iPhone and potentially the Pre can rival these devices not only in 3D, but also beat the pants off them in the portability section.

So, I left my iPhone because AT&T was raping me on a monthly basis. (Horribly) I like Sprint and was excited about the Pre and WebOS. I find the OS enjoyable and have only a few issues with it. But, without entertainment, its just a plain old phone.

However, Palm has a limited amount of time to fix these issues. If the Apple exclusive runs out with AT&T in late 2010 early 2011, and Palm still is dragging their feet, it will be curtains for sure.
    Get an itouch. You are saving money, gotta give something up. Honestly not seeing appeal of the iPhone. Just got one and have had the pre for about 3 weeks now and I must say that out of the box I prefer the pre.

I like the form factor of iPhone more and the fact middle button wakes it(wish pre did that)but other then that I find pre to be a slightly superior device.

-typed from iPod touch
    The only way I'd go back to the IPHONE is if it was on Verizon running real OSX, had a unlimited tether, and solid phone APP with google voice.

As a phone first device, the pre is much better for me. You see the iphone's 50 a month isn't worth it to people who are heavy data users. Since it's NOT fast enough to take the place of a laptop, and you pay enough to BUY two laptops a year with at&t rates.

What i'm sayin is, I don't feel pressure to use the pre as a mobile computer like I did with the iphone, because when I switched I saved enough money to pay for my home broadband connection and that made me feel good. I honestly do not care about money, but I hate waste. Paying $160 a month for the iphone was a waste.

It made me want to vomit everytime I opened it up.
    I agree. I hope that AT&T loses millions of subscribers when the iPhone is available on other carriers.

The hardware is just sitting there on the Pre. We wouldn't have to carry two devices if they would have thought about things in advance.

I don't know.. I am just irritated about the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishjays View Post
    The only way I'd go back to the IPHONE is if it was on Verizon running real OSX, had a unlimited tether, and solid phone APP with google voice.

As a phone first device, the pre is much better for me. You see the iphone's 50 a month isn't worth it to people who are heavy data users. Since it's NOT fast enough to take the place of a laptop, and you pay enough to BUY two laptops a year with at&t rates.

What i'm sayin is, I don't feel pressure to use the pre as a mobile computer like I did with the iphone, because when I switched I saved enough money to pay for my home broadband connection and that made me feel good. I honestly do not care about money, but I hate waste. Paying $160 a month for the iphone was a waste.

It made me want to vomit everytime I opened it up.
    I got the cheapest $70 plan which is 10 more then I pay with sprint and I get no texting. I had planned to cancel my data card for a new phone so tomorrow at work I will be testing speeds. I will say at home the iPhone on 3g opens YouTube videos faster then pre but they look terrible. Both open websites about same speed. I love typpnf with the iPod/iPhone keyboard but it's looking like better to just keep the iPod and the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    I agree. I hope that AT&T loses millions of subscribers when the iPhone is available on other carriers.

The hardware is just sitting there on the Pre. We wouldn't have to carry two devices if they would have thought about things in advance.

I don't know.. I am just irritated about the situation.
    I don't believe they lose it till 2012 and even then they may pay up to keep it longer. Who knows. But I would be kinda happy to have iPhone on 60 dollar plan. Or even better would be pre in an iPhone casing. Wish they would offer 2 pre types.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeko318 View Post
    Get an itouch. You are saving money, gotta give something up. Honestly not seeing appeal of the iPhone. Just got one and have had the pre for about 3 weeks now and I must say that out of the box I prefer the pre.
    When you start messing with apps then the appeal of the iPhone skyrockets. I know the Pre is getting apps too but the iPhone hardware can do things the current Pre can't and the popularity of the iPhone gives it tons of exclusive content that we'll never see. It's unfortunate, but with Apple, Google and Microsoft all jumping into the App catalogs then we're going to have to get used to being 4th class citizens.

Anyway, I'm all for the "best of both worlds" solution. I like my Pre, but sometimes I need my iPhone. And when those situations come up I just fire up Pre Tethering and my iPhone is riding the Sprint 3G network.
    I am in heaven with the pre. Now with tethering and a 99.00 refund from BB. Rooted and changed stuff. Amazing device. Can't wait for the ability to download any attached file. And video recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    When you start messing with apps then the appeal of the iPhone skyrockets. I know the Pre is getting apps too but the iPhone hardware can do things the current Pre can't and the popularity of the iPhone gives it tons of exclusive content that we'll never see. It's unfortunate, but with Apple, Google and Microsoft all jumping into the App catalogs then we're going to have to get used to being 4th class citizens.

Anyway, I'm all for the "best of both worlds" solution. I like my Pre, but sometimes I need my iPhone. And when those situations come up I just fire up Pre Tethering and my iPhone is riding the Sprint 3G network.
    Ya I just have yet to find an app all that great. But only had touch for week and phone for few hours. Your right about us never seeing though it's amazing like they say there is an app for everything and pre won't be as popular in that aspect. So far without jailbreaking I'm not even finding phone all too fun after getting used to doing everything on the pre.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    i just wish the pre had a screen like the iphone.

i use my sprint telenav almost everyday. if not for directions, for addresses and phone numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    i just wish the pre had a screen like the iphone.

i use my sprint telenav almost everyday. if not for directions, for addresses and phone numbers
    I wish the same thing...screen on iPhone is awesome.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12