Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe its me...unless i'm using my phone heavily, i can get by easily.

FOr instance....took off my phone at 8am today. Its 12:15pm right now:
    95% battery. Note, I haven't used my phone at all except one tweet today, but as you can see, standby battery is just fine.

Its people who make a thread: "I sent 200 emails, 100 texts and talked for 2 hours on my phone and my battery dies by the end of the work day!"

Like really? Ya think? Get a damn larger battery or a touchstone for your office.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Maybe its me...unless i'm using my phone heavily, i can get by easily.

FOr instance....took off my phone at 8am today. Its 12:15pm right now:
    95% battery. Note, I haven't used my phone at all except one tweet today, but as you can see, standby battery is just fine.

Its people who make a thread: "I sent 200 emails, 100 texts and talked for 2 hours on my phone and my battery dies by the end of the work day!"

Like really? Ya think? Get a damn larger battery or a touchstone for your office.
    Some of us have awful battery life even when we're not doing much with the phone. It's not our imaginations.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Odd. Even stranger, my gf has my original Pre (long story) and i have a new one...and this one probably has slightly better battery. I'd be at 90% around the same time.

I'm sorry to hear some people have fast draining batteries.
    I increased my battery immensely by applying the 'roam-control' patch. It allows you to tell your phone to avoid sprint networks and only roam. It's really useful for people like me in the scarce coverage areas. Keeps my phone from constantly looking for Sprint networks and gives me enough battery extension to constitute using wifi throughout the day. Usually lasts me 8-9 hours now compared to 6-7 previously.
    You should just never turn off the WiFi radio, it goes into standby on its own when the phone is idle and not charging.

The leaving applications open thing has actually allowed me to keep my phone from dying over an entire day. Opening and closing messaging, email, and pictures for example. All have to burn CPU and load back into memory. This is a multitasking phone, and if it's not designed to efficiently hold applications in memory, than it shouldn't be a multitasking phone.

With the messaging, email, and twee apps open. I am burning around 9% between 6:30am and noon.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So leaving wifi on when outside of a area of signal does not dramatically drain the battery? Does the phone not keep searching for a signal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    You should just never turn off the WiFi radio, it goes into standby on its own when the phone is idle and not charging.

The leaving applications open thing has actually allowed me to keep my phone from dying over an entire day. Opening and closing messaging, email, and pictures for example. All have to burn CPU and load back into memory. This is a multitasking phone, and if it's not designed to efficiently hold applications in memory, than it shouldn't be a multitasking phone.

With the messaging, email, and twee apps open. I am burning around 9% between 6:30am and noon.
    i also have battery issues but i try to deal with it by carrying my charger everywhere and also while at work i actually have my phone plugged in the 8 hours that im here unless on a break! is that a bad thing to have it connected soooo long??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Haunting words given the relatively small capacity of the Pre's battery.
    My Touch diamond had the same capacity battery and it had to run Windows Mobile. The iPhone 3G uses a similar capacity battery. It's a trade off between size and capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post

It kind of sounds like your phone would last a significant chunk of the day even without the boost. My phone can struggle to make it until noon.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west33 View Post
    So leaving wifi on when outside of a area of signal does not dramatically drain the battery? Does the phone not keep searching for a signal?
    It will continue scanning when you are using the phone. But that is in low power energy saving mode. WiFi antenas do not run at full power unless they are actively connected. Palm has actually commented on this one battery life myth, stating they spent extra time making the Pre's wifi extra efficient. So at the very least you won't notice a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It kind of sounds like your phone would last a significant chunk of the day even without the boost. My phone can struggle to make it until noon.
    Not sure. Maybe I have a solid battery. Though I have three a sprint rep gave me to experiment with. The one that I charged overnight to full then drained completely to power off for three weeks is the winner by far. I understand I shouldn't have to do that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12