Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I accidentally deleted a conversation and it won't reappear. When I go to my contacts and click the SMS icon, all the texts appear, but when I receive/send a text, the conversation does not reappear. How do I restore it (with all the past texts)?
    This is a common bug, you can pull the conversation up by starting to type the persons name in search. I get rid of it by deleting the contact, deleting the conversation, and remaking the contact.

I really hope Palm fixes this, but they have admitted to the problem and it should be fixed soon.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    So there is no way to restore the conversation?

I have to delete the contact and start a whole new conversation?
    Well you deleted it right? Dont blame the phone for your mistake. Palm Pre is the best.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prelover09 View Post
    Well you deleted it right? Dont blame the phone for your mistake. Palm Pre is the best.
    I never once blamed the Palm Pre.
    im confused, you deleted a convo but don't understand why its gone? theres no recycle bin on convos if thats what your asking
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My wife had this bug happen to her to.
    What happens is this: You have a convo with someone, and then you delete it.
    All future conversations with this person fail to show up in your SMS conversation view.
    The only fix that I was able to find for her was to delete the contact out, and then add them back. Hope that works for you too.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    All future conversations with this person fail to show up in your SMS conversation view.
    The only fix that I was able to find for her was to delete the contact out, and then add them back. Hope that works for you too.
    damn thats a ****ty bug... havent had that problem yet and i pretty frequently clean up old convos
    I like turtles.
    I have had the same problem. I deleted a conversation on purpose but when that person began a new conversation with me the new conversation is never listed. I thought I was the only one.
    Had this problem before. I just did a restore. Never deleted a convo again. No matter how private it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    I've never had that problem or seen that bug.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttlemanfl View Post
    I have had the same problem. I deleted a conversation on purpose but when that person began a new conversation with me the new conversation is never listed. I thought I was the only one.
    Its a very annoying bug and since I IM and text alot I make sure to help those who run into this problem like i do once a week at least!

but the best way i've found is to first delete the conversation after doing a search inside the messaging app, then unlinking the main profile of that contact, then going back to the messaging app and seeing if it now appears in the conversations when they send a new IM/text and when it does i then relink them and viola!

I dont delete the messages from the main ppl I IM that way they stay in my conversations list for sure, hope that helps.
    This just happened to me today. It is weird how you can search for the person in the messaging screen and the whole convo shows up still.
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    I accidentally deleted a conversation and it won't reappear. When I go to my contacts and click the SMS icon, all the texts appear, but when I receive/send a text, the conversation does not reappear. How do I restore it (with all the past texts)?
    This was never an issue before I installed update 1.1 -- it's really annoying.

I performed a Partial Reset and the problem was gone.

It's a bug and, despite what some have posted here, it's not your fault. You shold be able to delete conversations and then see future conversations with that same individual.