1.    #1  
    Will there ever be a way for you to change the notification sound for text messages and emails? I would figure that Palm would have had this added when the phone went on sale or at least have fixed this by now.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    You can use the Homebrew app My Notifications to do it now.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    yeah. the only thing is, you need to find ringtones as well
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i used the Homegrown app for sounds and alerts...and I couldnt set it back to the default one...it was limited to me...the best way is to go to phonezoo.com and create your own for free....save the mp3 to the computer, and upload via USB to the ringtone folder...then set your own
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spepi View Post
    i used the Homegrown app for sounds and alerts...and I couldnt set it back to the default one...it was limited to me...the best way is to go to phonezoo.com and create your own for free....save the mp3 to the computer, and upload via USB to the ringtone folder...then set your own
    That works for ringtones, not notification sounds. BTW, you can restore the defaults within the Homebrew app by tapping the title and choosing "reset defaults".
    If you go into the My Notifications app description, there are several links to download alerts and notifications that can be used with this app. I tried to add the link, but I don't have enough posts to include links yet.
    click on my name. I postrd notifications and ringtones in two different post. Just check my old threads. Everybody seemed to like them
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Find your favorite song - import into iTunes - convert to wav - open wav file in Windows sound recorder, trim - (optional for file size's sake: bring trimmed file into iTunes - convert to mp3) - connect USB, load to Pre.

Voila - your very own ringtone/alert in a matter of minutes. You can also download Audacity, which is free, and just trim the mp3 file itself without conversion - even faster.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Is there a way for notfication to not show the text I just rcvd to just show the icon not the actual msg