Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Slide up and down to switch months in Month View. I know, totally inconsistent with the other views, but it makes sense within the Month view in isolation.
    Thanks for this tip! You're right that it makes sense, but is totally inconsistent with the other views in the same application.....
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If your life is organized by calendar then I suspect the current support would be annoying - but no doubt will either get better, or a better app will effectively replace it for most uses. For the occasional meeting it works pretty nicely.

Still compared with my old Clie-TG50 it has some really nice features - like not needing to sync it to a PC to get appointments set up by a'holes at 1am for 9am the next morning

The only serious problem for me is that there doesn't seem to be a way to create a meeting. Wouldn't it be great to set up meeting in bed at 1am so I can get everybody together in the morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann View Post
    West, I agree I need to do my share. That is always the way these boards should work. Obviously if there are some solutions that are recommended that is exactly what I will do. I usually read the Treo Central (now Pre) posts first. They did not specifically say there was any solution worth trying but most posts were two months old or more so I am asking if anyone is aware of a solution worth trying. At a minimum I will try to move KeySuite (which I already own) over using Classic (which I already installed). I am fairly certain KeySuite can't function without Hotsync and I don't know how to get Hotsync over on Classic. I have never used any of the other calendar apps (other than palm native) since I have used keysuite for so long. If no one knows the answer, then I may decide to be the lab tech and try all of these different solutions but it will take a substantial investment of time. I have done that a couple of times on Treo Central because I do believe in doing my share of the work, but I first want to know if anyone has already done it. The main purpose of this online community for me is shared effort so we don't each have to do the same tests. Once again, your post is reasonable.
    I'm glad you found the post reasonable, but I really didn't mean it in the "do your share sense." I just hoped that you'd have a chance to check out some of that stuff because, as helpful as posts about the Pre were in helping me decide to get one, my personal experiences were very different from some of the more vocal forum members'.

No judgement. Just hoping for the best for you (and kinda rooting for the Pre ).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    My calendar is giving me major headaches. Tell me if you've ever had these types of isseus:
    1. Calendar appt times get adjusted by time zones. How do I make an appt that is the same time regardless of time zone? Google calendar asked me if time zone adjustment should be made. I selected 'no' but it appears the shift happened anyway.
    2. Some all day events (like birthdays) become 2-day events randomly without any action from me.
    3. The calendar stops loading events mid-session. I must restart my phone.
    Well, I must say that the Pre is, in my opinion, a good PDA, but it's a different kind of PDA than that offered by PalmOS. It's focus is on seamless integration of work and personal life. If you use Outlook, an Exchange server gets you automatic syncing of email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Except for tasks, you get the same with Google. I highly recommend trying out one of these services. Except for a few bugs, they just work.

For the guy who wants a same time appointment regardless of timezone, clock alarms don't change with timezones according to help.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    My calendar is giving me major headaches. Tell me if you've ever had these types of isseus:
    1. Calendar appt times get adjusted by time zones. How do I make an appt that is the same time regardless of time zone? Google calendar asked me if time zone adjustment should be made. I selected 'no' but it appears the shift happened anyway.
    2. Some all day events (like birthdays) become 2-day events randomly without any action from me.
    3. The calendar stops loading events mid-session. I must restart my phone.
    Had the same problem with Outlook for the first time last week. #1 and #2 are the same problem. The reason an all day event hits two days is it stops being midnight to midnight and becomes 1AM to 1AM (two days). I fixed it in outlook by turning off time zones. I would think that would work in Google.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Well, I must say that the Pre is, in my opinion, a good PDA, but it's a different kind of PDA than that offered by PalmOS. It's focus is on seamless integration of work and personal life. If you use Outlook, an Exchange server gets you automatic syncing of email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Except for tasks, you get the same with Google. I highly recommend trying out one of these services. Except for a few bugs, they just work.

For the guy who wants a same time appointment regardless of timezone, clock alarms don't change with timezones according to help.
    JBG: I am not sure I understand. YOu say I need to set up an exchange server at home? I know that is very difficult but if it made all my tasks and and other items sync it would be worth it. Please explain further how this would solve the problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12