Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    One note: It may be the case that WOSQI installs drivers & the command line functionality for Windows only. Linux to Linux may just be a case of opening a terminal. I don't know where Novacom comes from. Is it a Palm thing or a standard item? Is it included in Linux distros or does it have to be installed? I didn't get WOSQI access working, I used a normal terminal.

Anyhow, I don't know the facts on the above. Maybe an expert will comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    One note: It may be the case that WOSQI installs drivers & the command line functionality for Windows only. Linux to Linux may just be a case of opening a terminal. I don't know where Novacom comes from. Is it a Palm thing or a standard item? Is it included in Linux distros or does it have to be installed? I didn't get WOSQI access working, I used a normal terminal.

Anyhow, I don't know the facts on the above. Maybe an expert will comment.
    Novacom is coming for Palm and needs installing on linux too. It could be that WOSQI cannot download the drivers anymore from where it used to (palm.com?).

WOSQI 4.6.0 might have them included. The JAR for 4.6.0 is significantly larger compared to 4.4.0.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Novacom is coming for Palm and needs installing on linux too. It could be that WOSQI cannot download the drivers anymore from where it used to (palm.com?).

WOSQI 4.6.0 might have them included. The JAR for 4.6.0 is significantly larger compared to 4.4.0.
    Yes, I understand that they are included in 4.6.0, but I'm not clear if that's the full set (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux) or just windows... Let's assume that it is a full set is there (logical).

This is just from my 'Mint' experience where the function of 'Linux commandline' that worked on windows did not work, but eventually using a normal terminal did work...

Perhaps it is just a peculiarity of Linux Mint?
    The wosqi command line is really just for Windows. Novaterm on Linux is far superior. It's still weird that it didn't get added to the default search path on Mint.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12