Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    after reviews and reading here, i was worried about my battery life...maybe I dont use it as much as others, but ive found it to last just as long as my previous sprint mogul.

last full charge I did about 25 minutes of internet browsing, about 150 text messages, a couple app downloads, and my gmail checks every hour. After 36 hours, I put it on charge and before I connected the cable I checked and it was only down to 32% battery.
    Lucky... I started using around 9 am. After some internet browsing and light GPS with Google Maps(turned off GPS when I was done each time) and it was dead by 2 pm. I had everything turned off, brightness down etc. I think I need a spare battery...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    great phone but battery life is horrible
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    after reviews and reading here, i was worried about my battery life...maybe I dont use it as much as others, but ive found it to last just as long as my previous sprint mogul.

last full charge I did about 25 minutes of internet browsing, about 150 text messages, a couple app downloads, and my gmail checks every hour. After 36 hours, I put it on charge and before I connected the cable I checked and it was only down to 32% battery.
    There are days (and hours) when I have great battery life and times when I lose about a percentage point a minute.

It's not entirely clear why it happens some times but not others.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #5  
    well, for what its worth also, my wife uses my pre as a game machine....she just played yahtzee for over an hour and played snake for like 30 minutes earlier and i took it off charge at 9am and its still at 72%
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    well, for what its worth also, my wife uses my pre as a game machine....she just played yahtzee for over an hour and played snake for like 30 minutes earlier and i took it off charge at 9am and its still at 72%
    well when did y'all purchase your Pres?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I just got a new one August 7th. Battery gets hot and dead fast.
  8.    #8  
    got mine august 1st
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I bought mine at the end of July and it dies pretty quick. I turned off location services, I don't let anything remain open. I have my email pushed via Exchange (even disabling this didn't really have much of an impact on the longevity of my battery) I send maybe 20 texts a day. I take it off its charger at approximately 0900 and by 1400 it's at 70% battery. If I don't charge it before work, it dies while I'm at work. My cell signal here at work is around -75dBm and I've got an Airave at home, so it's not like I'm in some horrible dead zone or something.

At this point, I've just sort of resigned myself to poor-ish battery life. At least it's not as bad as some of the guys I know who have Touch Pros.. yeesh.
    3 weeks ago, tomorrow.

July 26, 2009.
  11.    #11  
    i usually only have 2 bars here at the house

on wednesday i sat in a meeting with 1 bar and it dropped 8% over 9 hours
    FWIW, I got mine August 3rd and the battery is pretty much what I expected, the heavier the use, the quicker it goes down. I was just pleasantly surprised though. I had a conference call followed by a support call. Both were made using my Jawbone BT headset. In total the calls lasted about 2 hours. I started out with roughly 87% charge and was only down to about 20% charge after the phone calls. 2 hours, with BT going, not too bad.

On a typical day I'd say I'm a lite user. Perhaps 15 minutes of phone calls, 30 minutes of browsing, and perhaps 45 minutes of Pandora. Then there's the 30 minutes or so of the requisite "look what my Pre can do!" showing off type stuff. I'm at 100% when I take it off the TS at ~7:15am and still have 30% or so left when I get home around 6:00pm.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    well if you guys cant wait for palm to fully address the battery life issue (I thinks its a software issue) then get a extended battery.
    I really think Palm can resolve this or improve it with software updates.
    If you had anything Windows Mobile before the Pre you won't have any issues with the Battery life of the Pre. The people complaining about battery life probably had a flip phone of some kind before geting the Pre
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    If you had anything Windows Mobile before the Pre you won't have any issues with the Battery life of the Pre. The people complaining about battery life probably had a flip phone of some kind before geting the Pre
    Not really. I had 2 Treo's before the Pre and I'm complaining about battery life.
    I think it's at least partly apps installed and/or running. Anybody running IM apps?
    Signal strength is the only big factor here as far as I can tell.
    I have never turned off GPS and my phone always lasts over 24 hours.

Edit - IM will kill the batt as well because it's basically using the data connection non stop.
    My pre battery is excellent I text constantly (basically all day) signed into AIM 24/7.....and I can listen to music ona full charge for 2 hours straight and my battey is still in the 80's...I still want to buy an extended battery just so I can have a spare that can last even longer than the regular stock battery the pre comes with
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I think it's at least partly apps installed and/or running. Anybody running IM apps?
    It happens even when IM's signed off and turned off... along with everything else, sometimes.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast