Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonclaude View Post
    My pre battery is excellent I text constantly (basically all day) signed into AIM 24/7.....and I can listen to music ona full charge for 2 hours straight and my battey is still in the 80's...I still want to buy an extended battery just so I can have a spare that can last even longer than the regular stock battery the pre comes with
    Despite what I said above, I still wonder if a different battery would have a different result. I've got a couple on the way.

*fingers crossed*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    my battery is awesome. my build is the most recent which i believe has at least a little something to do with it. the build i had before would die quicker with less usage. now my pre lasts for close to 24 hours with moderate usage
    My Pre is great. I charge it all night wake up to it and use it during the day. Read Precentral @ lunch, make a few calls and listen to music. Whem I get ready for bed its @ about 30%.
  4.    #24  
    wife just played another hour of video games....shes used it nearly 3 hours tonight.....62% battery life (took it off charge this morning at 9am)
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    My Pre is great. I charge it all night wake up to it and use it during the day. Read Precentral @ lunch, make a few calls and listen to music. Whem I get ready for bed its @ about 30%.
    When was yours made?
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    wife just played another hour of video games....shes used it nearly 3 hours tonight.....62% battery life (took it off charge this morning at 9am)
    Wanna trade for one that comes off the charger at 7:30 am and with about half the usage you've described is down to <20% by 8:00 pm?
    I just got a Pre replacement. My battery started out ok. Charged all night with about 30% left by the time I got home from work. But today, my battery drained 40% in one hour. No calls, no texts, no internet usage. No cards were open. So Sprint did a battery test, and the battery of course failed. So I got authorization to get a new Pre. Hopefully, this Pre will do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    If you had anything Windows Mobile before the Pre you won't have any issues with the Battery life of the Pre. The people complaining about battery life probably had a flip phone of some kind before geting the Pre
    i had an original moto Q. I could usually get around 2 days out of it, towards the end (just a month ago) it was 1-1.5days. talk for a few hours/day and send between 50-100 txt's a day. i cannot get that good yet on the pre
    Actually, my battery life isn't bad at all, lasts more than my touch pro that's for sure...

Lasts through the day just fine
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Not really. I had 2 Treo's before the Pre and I'm complaining about battery life.
    Were they Windows Mobile Treos?
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper1014 View Post
    I just got a Pre replacement. My battery started out ok. Charged all night with about 30% left by the time I got home from work. But today, my battery drained 40% in one hour. No calls, no texts, no internet usage. No cards were open. So Sprint did a battery test, and the battery of course failed. So I got authorization to get a new Pre. Hopefully, this Pre will do better.
    If the battery failed, why didn't they just replace that?
    i have out advocate device for our store, and ive had it since day one, but this is the WORST battery that ive ever been across on cell device
    After doing a lot of research I finally purchased a Palm Pre a couple of weeks ago. The battery life is a real problem for me. I am using the device in almost the same way as I used the Centro. While I seldom had to charge the Centro during the work day, I now have to charge the Pre about 3:00 pm each day. Strange given they both use the same battery. I may exchange the Pre for a BlackBerry. Still have a couple of weeks to decide.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    Wanna trade for one that comes off the charger at 7:30 am and with about half the usage you've described is down to <20% by 8:00 pm?
    That would be an improvement for me. I take mine off the charger at 7:30 AM, and I'm under 20% by 5:00 PM. Not signed into any services during the day, using push email only (as items arrive).

Wonder if I can exchange the battery if I'm still within the first 30 days. What round of builds seems to have the best battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredejohnson View Post
    After doing a lot of research I finally purchased a Palm Pre a couple of weeks ago. The battery life is a real problem for me. I am using the device in almost the same way as I used the Centro. While I seldom had to charge the Centro during the work day, I now have to charge the Pre about 3:00 pm each day. Strange given they both use the same battery. I may exchange the Pre for a BlackBerry. Still have a couple of weeks to decide.
    Your services, like gps, are off at such times? That and the big screen (which is a big deal, niw that I think about it) are big deals.

My battery life varies. Hard to say why so I'm gonna use different batteries and see if I notice a change.

I hope it works out for you either way, but I also hope you end up with the Pre. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    That would be an improvement for me. I take mine off the charger at 7:30 AM, and I'm under 20% by 5:00 PM. Not signed into any services during the day, using push email only (as items arrive).

Wonder if I can exchange the battery if I'm still within the first 30 days. What round of builds seems to have the best battery life?
    Yeah, I'd love being able to last until 8pm, under any circumstances.

I got our PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $3$ $weeks$, $ago$, $today$, $and$ $have$ $had$ $varying$ $battery$ $behavior$ - $largely$ $poor$ - $so$ $I$ $went$ $into$ $the$ $Sprint$ $store$ $today$ $and$ $asked$ $for$ $battery$ $replacements$. $The$ $rep$ $just$ $GAVE$ $us$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ ($depleted$) $batteries$ $from$ $the$ $back$. $Hopefully$, $battery$ $life$ $will$ $improve$, $but$ $if$ $not$, $free$ $btteries$ $will$ $go$ $a$ $long$ $way$ $toward$ $shutting$ $me$ $up$.
    If the battery failed, why didn't they just replace that?
    I really don't know. My guess, is because I purchased the phone from best Buy and I was to get it replaced from Best Buy.
    Yeah, I'd love being able to last until 8pm, under any circumstances.

I got our PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $3$ $weeks$, $ago$, $today$, $and$ $have$ $had$ $varying$ $battery$ $behavior$ - $largely$ $poor$ - $so$ $I$ $went$ $into$ $the$ $Sprint$ $store$ $today$ $and$ $asked$ $for$ $battery$ $replacements$. $The$ $rep$ $just$ $GAVE$ $us$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ ($depleted$) $batteries$ $from$ $the$ $back$. $Hopefully$, $battery$ $life$ $will$ $improve$, $but$ $if$ $not$, $free$ $btteries$ $will$ $go$ $a$ $long$ $way$ $toward$ $shutting$ $me$ $up$.
    It's nice the rep gave you the batteries. My battery life was similar, by the end of day it was was low and would need a charge by the time I got home (~7.00pm). Since it got me through the work day, it wasn't a big deal but I wanted better performance. From the various reviews of the Pre, battery life varies a lot and many factors (such as signal strength, type of usage etc) contribute to it so you may not (unless your battery was bad) see much of a difference unless you upgrade.

I bit the bullet and picked up a bigger battery (2600mah), no more worries. I get through the day with heavy usage and the GPS on and still have over 60% remaining when I get home.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    My battery can be great or really poor. It depends on a few things. What I know to kill the battery is email (no matter what settings you use, it still eats it up BAD), IM, and poor service area. Delete all your email accounts and I bet your battery life improves 10x. If I'm at home on the weekends, it doesn't matter what I'm running, the battery will last all day because I'm in a great service area. If I'm at work, I turn the radio off most of the day or it'll be dead around 2PM. I've also noticed there are some software issues. Sometimes the radio just gets wacked out and will kill the battery quick. If you notice the Pre getting warm and you're not doing anything with it, reboot it and it'll save your battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper1014
    So Sprint did a battery test, and the battery of course failed.
    What was this test? It would be nice to know if my Pre fails this test as well.

Battery had 94% at 9pm last night when I took it off the charger. I didn't charge over night. I then woke up at 4am, put in glove box of car until 9am and it only had 30% battery life when I went to use it. No usage other than alarm clock.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast