1.    #1  
    hey guys I have been lurking here for a while and picked up my pre at launch. everything has been great except a few things. My pre has the oreo syndrome, and ever since the damn 1.1 update I cant hear my text messages, all my ringers are way to quiet, but it seems the old phone ringer is the only one to be the loudest. even on pandora i cant hear a song unless my head is within one foot of the pre. The audio jack still works great, so my question is where can I go from here I keep missing calls and texts. Is this a software issue or is my speaker blown due to 1.1. Is there anyway I can downgrade to the last update? My pre was flawless until palm forced me to update to some bs software. Im furious right now any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    As dumb as this will sound, go check what your volumes are set at. After the update, mine went back to the defaults which aren't loud enough.
  3.    #3  
    everything is all the way up would a hard reset revert back to 1.1 or the original software the was loaded on the pre when i bought it?
    You can't avoid the Palm updates. Even if you reverted back, you would still eventually be forced to update.

I think it's incorrect to say they changed the volume, they actually changed the alert sound completely. If you determined to change it back, or even to something else, I suggest you root it, then you can change the alerts to whatever you want.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    What I meant was the volume settings revert back to a default.

OP - you could always install My Notifications via Filecoaster and change the sound to something better for you.
  6.    #6  
    I understand they changed the sound but for me to hear the alert tone I have to have the speaker right next to my ear..... Man this has been a disapointment sinxe the update. Why palm did you have to change stuff so my phone takes a crap after the 30 day exchange period. So now should I go to sprint
    Sounds like you might have a blown speaker or that it might be stuck in headset mode. I assume you are only hearing sound thtough the ear piece and not the speaker on the rear.

Check the system sound setting (not just the rocker on the side)

Try a reset: Orange key + Sym + R

If none of that works, take it in for an exchange.