1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Be patient! Are you really suffering that badly because you don't have access to 35 more twitter clients and 79 more tip calculators?

The. Apps. Will. Come.

May I direct your attention to this thoughtful forum post by Chuq Von Rospach in the Palm dev forums. (second post down)

Forums webOS • View topic - Thoughts on webOSdev

Give it about a month, and you'll have your 20 flashlight applications, you ninnies.
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I don't want flashlight apps, twitter clients or tip calculators. I want Autocad, Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suite, OpenOffice, and a few others.

xtn
    ^^^^^^ LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Be patient! Are you really suffering that badly because you don't have access to 35 more twitter clients and 79 more tip calculators?

The. Apps. Will. Come.

May I direct your attention to this thoughtful forum post by Chuq Von Rospach in the Palm dev forums. (second post down)

Give it about a month, and you'll have your 20 flashlight applications, you ninnies.

Right, because people are clamoring for fart apps, flash light apps and twitter clients.
    Its like your talking to a brick wall. Alot of people are impatient by nature and there is nothing you can really do about it. Im one of the few who is actually not mad about lack of apps. They will come, when they come and thats all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post

The. Apps. Will. Come.

I dont want to be rude but before posting something like this please make sure the article/post you link has at least a tiny bit to do with your post. That post has ZERO to do with your comments and while it is a good post your post detracts from its true meaning.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vteclipsegs View Post
    I dont want to be rude but before posting something like this please make sure the article/post you link has at least a tiny bit to do with your post. That post has ZERO to do with your comments and while it is a good post your post detracts from its true meaning.
    (you did read the second post by webOSdev, right?)

I disagree. I feel that Chuq's post in that forum helps to shed light on the fact that Palm is in active communication with developers, and is quite serious about bringing the App Catalog out of beta as rapidly as possible.

I would recommend that folks poke around the dev forums in general, as there are nice tidbits and interesting conversation between the fledgling dev community and Palm.
    As a developer, I'm glad the app store hasn't been completely opened yet. I need about 2-3 more weeks before my app is ready to release.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Right, because people are clamoring for fart apps, flash light apps and twitter clients.
    Oh I'm sorry, I left out Arkanoid clones.
    While I don't think there's much point to this post (since you're just whining about the whining which can only cause more whining), my opinion is that phone apps are a short-lived novelty. I switched to the Pre from the iPhone and I've got to say, after spending 5 or 6 months with the app store, I finally realized how useless it was. There are literally hundreds of new apps posted every day, and 99.99% of them are garbage. Even if you do happen to find an app that's not total crap, it's only fun to play around with for a day or two. My iPhone was jailbroken so I could get any app for free and I still didn't bother with them.

If there are ever going to be good, quality apps for our mobile devices, the $0.99 price standard has to go. Otherwise, the catalog just fills up with poorly made apps which the developers justify by saying "it's only a buck...anything's worth a buck."

Phone apps are overrated. Trust me, in a few months with the Pre's app catalog, you'll feel the same way.