1.    #1  
    Hi-

Yes I'm a newbie and I have a few please help me questions

Let me start by saying I downloaded the file coaster and I have the homebrewer stuff- I amazed my self that I was able to get it to work in under 4 hours.

1) I'm still not clear on how to take a song sent via SMS and put it in my MP3 for a ring tone.

2) I tried using my old BT for the pre- it connected and then didn't work after the first phone call. I noticed quite a bit of conversation regarding the BT but wasn't able to pin point a solution.

3) I saw a post about wallpaper and yes I went to the site, but I'm clueless about how to add to my phone or add the wallpaper I want (sorry- some of the pictures were not for me)

4) My phone gets really hot sometimes when I'm on it- in the past a hot phone meant defective. I'm seeing some post that it could be 'normal' is this true?

Thanks so much for any thoughts, directions, suggestions.

After 3 weeks I'm beginning to love my phone- when I first received it I had my doubts and thought about changing to the new Blackberry, but now I'm glad I decided to keep it.
    Hey. Glad that you like the phone. I might be able to help answer a few questions, I have only had my pre for a few weeks, but it's the best phone that I have had so far.
    In order for you to add a wallpaper, you have to hook the phone up to a computer with the USB cable, and then click on use as external device (or something like that, not sure exactly what it says). From there, open it up under my computer, and you should see a folder that says wallpapers. Just add what you want to it, but it should be a certain size (not sure again, if you look in some of the forums, they should give you the exact numbers).
    As for the phone getting hot, it's something you will have to get used to. Pretty much everyone's is doing it, you will find mainly when you are using data on the phone (web, messaging, stuff like that). Doesn't mean anythings wrong with it, just how the phone is. I don't have any answers at all to the other issues, but the forums are a good place to get some answers for them!
    1) i don't know if that will be a feature in a future update or not, but this is not something you can do right now with webOS 1.1.0 on the pre.

3) plug your pre into your computer using the USB cable. you'll see a screen on the pre with three options. choose the USB mode. your pre will now appear on your computer as an external hard drive. open it up and go to the wallpapers folder and add/remove as you like. when you're done, eject the pre using your computer's software (do not just unplug it without first ejecting it). as long as you have not removed the USB cable, there's a little USB icon at the bottom of the pre's screen. you can tap on that again to remount the pre on your computer or to sync with iTunes or just charge.

4) it depends. i've noticed that the pre gets pretty hot when i'm using it a lot AND my battery's low. YMMV but i get the impression that the phone runs hotter when battery is hovering below 50%.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    1) i don't know if that will be a feature in a future update or not, but this is not something you can do right now with webOS 1.1.0 on the pre. .
    Thanks!- I wonder if any developers out there are looking into this. It is a little frustrating not being able to forward a text or save the files from it.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    4) it depends. i've noticed that the pre gets pretty hot when i'm using it a lot AND my battery's low. YMMV but i get the impression that the phone runs hotter when battery is hovering below 50%.
    I will have to pay attention to the battery level- but I think I have noticed the less battery life the hotter it gets.