Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I got my Pre the day it came out and I have had the shutting off when closed issue (inserted paper and fixed that) and then I got bubbles under the screen, but I have never tried to get a replacement. Last night the power button in the corner stopped working. It no longer pushes and I have to press really hard several times to get it to register. So I figured that I would finally have to get a replacement. First stop Sprint Corp store near my house... they said because I don't have insurance they cannot replace it. Suggested that I call Palm and send it in for 4-6 week repair.. I knew this wasn't right so I drove across town to the Corp store where I purchased and they said that their location was sales only and could not do anything for me. They also said that if I had insurance they might could do a replacement. So I finally call customer service and after a lengthy conversation in which they also tried to upsell the importance of having insurance, they basically said that I would have to pay $100 to get it replaced even though these issues were clearly a warranty issue. CS said that I would have to contact Palm. I then told her that I would just cancel my line and she said to please hold while she transferred me to that dept. A few min later a lady came on the line and tried to sell me insurance so they could fix my phone... when I explained that it was a manufacturing problem she suggested that I call Palm but this time she offered to connect me with them. I just hung up in disgust. While I was eating lunch a little while later, I just happened to stroll into a Sprint store (dealer store) located next door to the sub station where I was eating and asked their opinion and they said that they were a repair center and could order me a replacement at no cost as it was clearly a warranty issue. I was without words to say the least. It would seem that from my dealing with Sprint today that they have not learned anything from their experience of bleeding million and millions of customers. I had Verizon before and you could always go into any verizon store in my area and they would fix the phone problems pronto!! Verizon understands that keeping the customers satisfied at all costs is the most important thing to do, period! I love the Pre and I even like Sprint's service but they deserve to go down the drain cause it seems like they are still headed in that direction! So, what did we learn today?? BUY THE G*DDAM** INSURANCE!!! LOL!!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I got my Pre the day it came out and I have had the shutting off when closed issue (inserted paper and fixed that) and then I got bubbles under the screen, but I have never tried to get a replacement. Last night the power button in the corner stopped working. It no longer pushes and I have to press really hard several times to get it to register. So I figured that I would finally have to get a replacement. First stop Sprint Corp store near my house... they said because I don't have insurance they cannot replace it. Suggested that I call Palm and send it in for 4-6 week repair.. I knew this wasn't right so I drove across town to the Corp store where I purchased and they said that their location was sales only and could not do anything for me. They also said that if I had insurance they might could do a replacement. So I finally call customer service and after a lengthy conversation in which they also tried to upsell the importance of having insurance, they basically said that I would have to pay $100 to get it replaced even though these issues were clearly a warranty issue. CS said that I would have to contact Palm. I then told her that I would just cancel my line and she said to please hold while she transferred me to that dept. A few min later a lady came on the line and tried to sell me insurance so they could fix my phone... when I explained that it was a manufacturing problem she suggested that I call Palm but this time she offered to connect me with them. I just hung up in disgust. While I was eating lunch a little while later, I just happened to stroll into a Sprint store (dealer store) located next door to the sub station where I was eating and asked their opinion and they said that they were a repair center and could order me a replacement at no cost as it was clearly a warranty issue. I was without words to say the least. It would seem that from my dealing with Sprint today that they have not learned anything from their experience of bleeding million and millions of customers. I had Verizon before and you could always go into any verizon store in my area and they would fix the phone problems pronto!! Verizon understands that keeping the customers satisfied at all costs is the most important thing to do, period! I love the Pre and I even like Sprint's service but they deserve to go down the drain cause it seems like they are still headed in that direction! So, what did we learn today?? BUY THE G*DDAM** INSURANCE!!! LOL!!
    lol nice ending....
  3. #3  
    you just got unlucky and got bad sprint reps and bad sprint repair reps. I don't know what's up with sprint but no matter who you talk to, you get a different answer. Those things you mention are obviously defects. I was gonna keep my pre but not get insurance but I really think every time i have a problem I am going to have to fight for them to honor the warranty period.. luckily I have a good sprint store about two lights up from me. I haven't had to get anything serviced yet....so I guess we'll see.

    Glad everything worked out.
  4. tim135150's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #4  
    yeah sprints customer service is shatty to say the least. i spent three hours being transferred around trying to get them to help with a few issues ive had.

    i have had some issues with other phones that i needed to take to there repair store which has been very inconvenient to say the least. i live less than a mile from a sprint store but they dontt do repairs there. i had to drive 16 miles to another store in another city to get the repair done. whats even more silly is i live in a bigger city (spokane wa) than where there repair store is (spokane valley wa).
  5. #5  
    A bigger problem I see here is Sprint now sees everything at DAmaged or Unfixable and want s to send it off to Insurance ( -$100 to me) . They don't carry parts for most phones and this is their way of not taking the high road and fixing your phone.

    So where yes if you would have had insurance that would have been nice but I don't see why I should have to pay $100 or wait for Palm when these things are defects and not damage.

    Sprint hasn't fixed it's issues at all they have just passed them on to another division.
  6. #6  
    You really should of called Palm to see what they would have said. When I had a problem with one of my earlier Pre's, I called Palm, and sent them photo's of the problem. They said take it to Sprint right away, and told me if Sprint wouldn't exchange it, then call back Palm (the Representative gave me here extension) and they would send me out a new one right away (either credit card in case don't send back old, or I could wait until they got the return, which they would send out a return RMA slip through the email.) Either way I would of got a new phone, without a charge.

    When it comes to Sprint, it is the old adage, if you first don't succeed, try, try again.
    Usually, I ask to talk to a Supervisor right away.

    At least Sprint did finally get it right.
  7.    #7  
    to my surprise, I got a call yesterday morning and they told me that my replacement Pre was in. They just ordered the thing on Saturday so not sure how that happened. Anyway, I went to pick it up and asked to examine the replacement unit first to make sure it wasn't worse than mine. the replacement unit seems good quality. the keyboard seems more firm, absolutely no wobble in the screen but I am sure that will change over time, and it just looked brand new (although I am sure it's a refurb). I did notice the manufacture date was in May so this seems to be from the early batches of phones. the button on the front is the pearlish color like the first models and not the bright silver like newer ones. the only negative thing that I have noticed is that the screen seems slightly more yellowish on this one, but I am not picky. Kudos to Wireless Resources in Duncan, SC!!
  8. #8  
    You people need to read your warranties. The phone is warranted by Palm, not Sprint. During the 1st 30 days Sprint will replace it. If you have TEP, Sprint will work as your agent to exchange the phone. Other than that, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

    Look at another example: If you go to Best Buy and get a new HD flatscreen TV, and 60 days later it breaks, do you expect Best Buy to replace or fix it? Unless you bought the extended warranty, you shouldn't.

    If you go to Target and buy a bicycle, and 3 months later the pedals fall off, do you really think that's Target's problem? Heck, even when you buy a car, the warranty isn't from the dealer, it's from the manufacturer. But since it's hard to send a car back to Detroit (or Hamamatsu), the dealer acts as the agent in that repair.

    Target, Best Buy and Sprint are the retailers of the products, that's all. Palm is the manufacturer of the Pre, and the warranty comes from them. Retailers never provide the warranty, unless specifically stated, and that's very rare. If your TV needs repair, it's up to you to arrange it. If your bicycle breaks, take it to a bike shop. Why do you think a phone is any different?

    The fact that Sprint sends you a monthly bill for providing phone service doesn't make them liable for the warranty on the device. Two totally different things. The fact that the Sprint Repair Center did this for you is a plus, but it's certainly not something they're required to do.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 08/18/2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #9  
    Good points and noted... My wife had a similar problem with her LCD and Digitizer separating on one side. We took it in and found out the hard-way that it would have to be fixed and require the $100 deductible that went along with our $4.95/month insurance fee. Basically, we took it home and will fix it if and when it gets worse, but insurance is pretty useless unless you get the premium package that cost I think $7.95/month. This package covers most everything (toilets drops are covered by acts of God like hurricane damage are not) and bypasses the $100 deductible. We went originally with the cheaper options simply because if you don't use the insurance you don't pay the deductible from month to month coming with that extra coverage charge. For us it was a risk worth taking, but now we'll have to shell out another $100 to finally fix her unit.

    Either way, I recommend getting a hard case like the Rocketfish™ - Snap-On Case for Palm Pre...which my wife and I have used a few times and saved our phones from dings and complete damage when dropping. I just dropped my unit last night and not a lick of damage and the back Snap-On Case cover is littered with scratches so I know it is also protecting from everyday use.
  10. akarol's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm confused. Everything they told you seems to be right on the money in respect to their policy. No insurance? No repair. It's been over 2 months since you owned your device, so the grace period is way expired. Next time, just get the insurance. Best $7/month you'll ever spend. If you had insurance, there's no way they would charge you $100 for the replacement.
  11. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You people need to read your warranties. The phone is warranted by Palm, not Sprint. During the 1st 30 days Sprint will replace it. If you have TEP, Sprint will work as your agent to exchange the phone. Other than that, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

    Look at another example: If you go to Best Buy and get a new HD flatscreen TV, and 60 days later it breaks, do you expect Best Buy to replace or fix it? Unless you bought the extended warranty, you shouldn't.

    If you go to Target and buy a bicycle, and 3 months later the pedals fall off, do you really think that's Target's problem? Heck, even when you buy a car, the warranty isn't from the dealer, it's from the manufacturer. But since it's hard to send a car back to Detroit (or Hamamatsu), the dealer acts as the agent in that repair.

    Target, Best Buy and Sprint are the retailers of the products, that's all. Palm is the manufacturer of the Pre, and the warranty comes from them. Retailers never provide the warranty, unless specifically stated, and that's very rare. If your TV needs repair, it's up to you to arrange it. If your bicycle breaks, take it to a bike shop. Why do you think a phone is any different?

    The fact that Sprint sends you a monthly bill for providing phone service doesn't make them liable for the warranty on the device. Two totally different things. The fact that the Sprint Repair Center did this for you is a plus, but it's certainly not something they're required to do.
    The OP is coming from Verizon, and Verizon does have excellent customer service. If you have a problem due to a manufacturer defect, Verizon will replace the phone; you don't have to go through LG, RIM, Samsung, etc. Probably why they assumed Sprint would replace the phone.

    When my phone stopped working, the Sprint repair center also replaced mine at no cost because it was, as they said, a manufacturer defect and was covered under the 1 year warranty.
  12. #12  
    Following your analogy, if Sprint only covers phones for the first 30 days by replacement, why have repair centers? The reason is simple - they can and will repair phones anytime they can. Those repairs can be anything up to and including replacement of the device, whether it is in warranty or out of warranty. It is at their discretion, not an absolute, and may vary from place to place. Sprint (and the other carriers) do it for same reason you car dealer does repairs - not every phone manufacturer can have repair centers everywhere.

    From the Sprint web site:


    "If the equipment is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs when the service technician defines the required action due to normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure. If the issue is covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, there is no charge for repair or replacement at a retail location. If the equipment is covered by TEP or Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and the technician defines the issue as physical damage, damaged beyond repair or liquid damage, you will be referred to Asurion to file a claim and will need to pay a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on phone model."

    Maybe you should read your plan details?






    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You people need to read your warranties. The phone is warranted by Palm, not Sprint. During the 1st 30 days Sprint will replace it. If you have TEP, Sprint will work as your agent to exchange the phone. Other than that, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

    Look at another example: If you go to Best Buy and get a new HD flatscreen TV, and 60 days later it breaks, do you expect Best Buy to replace or fix it? Unless you bought the extended warranty, you shouldn't.

    If you go to Target and buy a bicycle, and 3 months later the pedals fall off, do you really think that's Target's problem? Heck, even when you buy a car, the warranty isn't from the dealer, it's from the manufacturer. But since it's hard to send a car back to Detroit (or Hamamatsu), the dealer acts as the agent in that repair.

    Target, Best Buy and Sprint are the retailers of the products, that's all. Palm is the manufacturer of the Pre, and the warranty comes from them. Retailers never provide the warranty, unless specifically stated, and that's very rare. If your TV needs repair, it's up to you to arrange it. If your bicycle breaks, take it to a bike shop. Why do you think a phone is any different?

    The fact that Sprint sends you a monthly bill for providing phone service doesn't make them liable for the warranty on the device. Two totally different things. The fact that the Sprint Repair Center did this for you is a plus, but it's certainly not something they're required to do.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 08/18/2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  13. #13  
    The $100 deductible is in place with the $7.00 (it's $7.00, I just looked at my bill) plan as well. It is used whenever the phone has been physically damaged, ie, dropped in a toilet, run over by a car, etc.

    From the Sprint web site:




    "What is Total Equipment protection?

    Total Equipment Protection is a monthly insurance coverage subscription program offering comprehensive service, repair and replacement. It combines the features and benefits of two individual programs:


    Equipment Service and Repair Program:

    Coverage against mechanical or electrical problems, routine maintenance or failure from normal use.
    Repair and service are available at Sprint Phone Repair Centers. Check our online Sprint Store Locator for the nearest location.

    Equipment Replacement Program:

    Insurance for stolen, lost or physically damaged devices.
    File your claim within 60 days of the loss.
    To file a claim, call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666.
    If your device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.


    Fees & Coverage Details

    The fee for the program is $7 per phone, smart device or mobile broadband card per month.

    You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.

    A $50 or $100 nonrefundable deductible will apply for approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage claims.

    When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment, of like kind and quality, with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, smart device or mobile broadband card."




    The $4.00 plan doesn't cover any kind of physical damage, which is why I went with the $7.00 one. It is $4 for repair/$3 insurance premium. Essentially, for $4 you get service/repair, for the extra $3 you get replacement.

    Also from Sprint:


    "If the equipment is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs when the service technician defines the required action due to normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure. If the issue is covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, there is no charge for repair or replacement at a retail location. If the equipment is covered by TEP or Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and the technician defines the issue as physical damage, damaged beyond repair or liquid damage, you will be referred to Asurion to file a claim and will need to pay a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on phone model.

    Devices enrolled in Total Equipment Protection (TEP) have complete coverage for one low monthly price added on to your bill. A $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on phone model applies. The Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) portion of TEP covers physical and liquid damage, damage beyond repair, loss and theft. The Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP) portion of TEP covers mechanical/electrical problems, failures from normal wear & tear and routine phone maintenance.

    If the equipment is not covered by the Manufacturer Warranty, TEP, ERP or ESRP, the per incident fee will be $99 to $119, depending on the type of equipment.
    Services provided at no charge are manufacturer warranty for mechanical or electrical failure for one year of original activation date, device unlock/reset, phonebook swaps and software updates. Your Phone Repair Center will make every effort to provide these services on site. In most situations (but not all), these locations can unlock or reset your phone, Smartphone software and transfer your phone book. Data such as pictures, videos and ringers may be eligible for file transfer as well."



    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Good points and noted... My wife had a similar problem with her LCD and Digitizer separating on one side. We took it in and found out the hard-way that it would have to be fixed and require the $100 deductible that went along with our $4.95/month insurance fee. Basically, we took it home and will fix it if and when it gets worse, but insurance is pretty useless unless you get the premium package that cost I think $7.95/month. This package covers most everything (toilets drops are covered by acts of God like hurricane damage are not) and bypasses the $100 deductible. We went originally with the cheaper options simply because if you don't use the insurance you don't pay the deductible from month to month coming with that extra coverage charge. For us it was a risk worth taking, but now we'll have to shell out another $100 to finally fix her unit.

    Either way, I recommend getting a hard case like the Rocketfish™ - Snap-On Case for Palm Pre...which my wife and I have used a few times and saved our phones from dings and complete damage when dropping. I just dropped my unit last night and not a lick of damage and the back Snap-On Case cover is littered with scratches so I know it is also protecting from everyday use.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 08/18/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You people need to read your warranties. The phone is warranted by Palm, not Sprint. During the 1st 30 days Sprint will replace it. If you have TEP, Sprint will work as your agent to exchange the phone. Other than that, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

    Look at another example: If you go to Best Buy and get a new HD flatscreen TV, and 60 days later it breaks, do you expect Best Buy to replace or fix it? Unless you bought the extended warranty, you shouldn't.

    If you go to Target and buy a bicycle, and 3 months later the pedals fall off, do you really think that's Target's problem? Heck, even when you buy a car, the warranty isn't from the dealer, it's from the manufacturer. But since it's hard to send a car back to Detroit (or Hamamatsu), the dealer acts as the agent in that repair.

    Target, Best Buy and Sprint are the retailers of the products, that's all. Palm is the manufacturer of the Pre, and the warranty comes from them. Retailers never provide the warranty, unless specifically stated, and that's very rare. If your TV needs repair, it's up to you to arrange it. If your bicycle breaks, take it to a bike shop. Why do you think a phone is any different?

    The fact that Sprint sends you a monthly bill for providing phone service doesn't make them liable for the warranty on the device. Two totally different things. The fact that the Sprint Repair Center did this for you is a plus, but it's certainly not something they're required to do.
    I understand what you are saying and this "general" warranty rule would apply good for something like a TV from Best Buy as in your example, but folks who use and depend on a cell phone every day aren't going to deal with the manufacture over warranty issues with a phone.. they will simply say "screw Sprint" and run to another carrier.. that's why Sprint DOES do warranty replacements all day long at repair centers. My point to this thread was to bring attention to the fact that Sprint's customer service and most of their retail reps are clueless about some things.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You people need to read your warranties. The phone is warranted by Palm, not Sprint. During the 1st 30 days Sprint will replace it. If you have TEP, Sprint will work as your agent to exchange the phone. Other than that, you need to deal with the manufacturer.

    Look at another example: If you go to Best Buy and get a new HD flatscreen TV, and 60 days later it breaks, do you expect Best Buy to replace or fix it? Unless you bought the extended warranty, you shouldn't.

    If you go to Target and buy a bicycle, and 3 months later the pedals fall off, do you really think that's Target's problem? Heck, even when you buy a car, the warranty isn't from the dealer, it's from the manufacturer. But since it's hard to send a car back to Detroit (or Hamamatsu), the dealer acts as the agent in that repair.

    Target, Best Buy and Sprint are the retailers of the products, that's all. Palm is the manufacturer of the Pre, and the warranty comes from them. Retailers never provide the warranty, unless specifically stated, and that's very rare. If your TV needs repair, it's up to you to arrange it. If your bicycle breaks, take it to a bike shop. Why do you think a phone is any different?

    The fact that Sprint sends you a monthly bill for providing phone service doesn't make them liable for the warranty on the device. Two totally different things. The fact that the Sprint Repair Center did this for you is a plus, but it's certainly not something they're required to do.
    While I agree that the warranty should be reviewed, I think a fair comparison would be a programming service provider like DirecTV who sells you the cable box and the monthly service. It would not make sense to referr you to the equipment provider of the cable box when something broke. Ultimately it is Sprint's service, customer, and in their best interest to serve that customer.

    I am not arguing that Sprint must fix it, but I am saying they look bad when they don't. And, if you make the decision not to be in the support loop for defective equipment, then you should have a rock solid contract and collaborative support agreement that you can say.....Mr/Mrs customer, we don't warranty it, but we will push the manufacturer to expedite a solution.
    Thank you
  16. #16  
    Yeah i kno how u feel. I am in the process of replacing my fone after my phone been stolen because of my clip breaking without me noticing it. Searched for my phone and the search was an insuccess. So I went to my sprint store to ask if they can track it, they said they couldnt and the only thing they could do is report it lost/stolen and give me a number to TEP( replacement operator). I called them and gave them my information and they told me I didnt have the coverage for lost/stloen on my plan which I liberally told the sprint man 2 put on my account when I brought the phone. So I called sprint customer care and the lady told me I had to go back up to the store and have dthem put a note on my account about the service being added to the account. So the next day i went up there, I found out the man who registered my phone did not work that day so i had to wait ANOTHER day without my Pre which i lov. Went up thhere the next day when it OPENED and he put the nte on my account so i went straight home and called TEP again and they told me my profile have not been updated so i had to wait anotha 24-48 hours to have this action processed. ANOTHER day went by without my phone. So I called TEP ONCE AGAIN, a lady answered the phone, gave her my information again, and now she said He didnt put the date of the pho ne being purchased soo he called the store to talk to them and she took over 30 minz. so i hung up mad and i called ONCE AGAIN. ANOTHER lady picked up and gave her my information ONCE AGAIN and she told me I could get a replacement in 1-2 buisness days, i was soooo happy. She transfered me to that department and the operator said "not enough documentation was covered" and they hung up. So I called ONCE AGAIN and ANOTHER lady picked up and gave her my information again. She told me that i had to now print out two forms, complete, and turn in before my "claim" can be checked and send my phone. So now a week AFTER phone have been stolen without my lov beside me, im stuck with paperwork and a $100 fee to get the phone. So what have we learned in this session. NEVER GET YOUR PHONE STOLEN, HAVE INSURANCE, IF NOT YOU WILL BE WAITING FOR OVER 2 WEEKS TO GET A REPLACEMENT!!!
  17. #17  
    From your posting, I don't think you phone was stolen from you but lost because the clip broke and you didn't notice it. Morale: know where you phone is at all times. It's not Sprint's fault that the clip broke.


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.president09 View Post
    Yeah i kno how u feel. I am in the process of replacing my fone after my phone been stolen because of my clip breaking without me noticing it. Searched for my phone and the search was an insuccess. So I went to my sprint store to ask if they can track it, they said they couldnt and the only thing they could do is report it lost/stolen and give me a number to TEP( replacement operator). I called them and gave them my information and they told me I didnt have the coverage for lost/stloen on my plan which I liberally told the sprint man 2 put on my account when I brought the phone. So I called sprint customer care and the lady told me I had to go back up to the store and have dthem put a note on my account about the service being added to the account. So the next day i went up there, I found out the man who registered my phone did not work that day so i had to wait ANOTHER day without my Pre which i lov. Went up thhere the next day when it OPENED and he put the nte on my account so i went straight home and called TEP again and they told me my profile have not been updated so i had to wait anotha 24-48 hours to have this action processed. ANOTHER day went by without my phone. So I called TEP ONCE AGAIN, a lady answered the phone, gave her my information again, and now she said He didnt put the date of the pho ne being purchased soo he called the store to talk to them and she took over 30 minz. so i hung up mad and i called ONCE AGAIN. ANOTHER lady picked up and gave her my information ONCE AGAIN and she told me I could get a replacement in 1-2 buisness days, i was soooo happy. She transfered me to that department and the operator said "not enough documentation was covered" and they hung up. So I called ONCE AGAIN and ANOTHER lady picked up and gave her my information again. She told me that i had to now print out two forms, complete, and turn in before my "claim" can be checked and send my phone. So now a week AFTER phone have been stolen without my lov beside me, im stuck with paperwork and a $100 fee to get the phone. So what have we learned in this session. NEVER GET YOUR PHONE STOLEN, HAVE INSURANCE, IF NOT YOU WILL BE WAITING FOR OVER 2 WEEKS TO GET A REPLACEMENT!!!
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I understand what you are saying and this "general" warranty rule would apply good for something like a TV from Best Buy as in your example, but folks who use and depend on a cell phone every day aren't going to deal with the manufacture over warranty issues with a phone.. they will simply say "screw Sprint" and run to another carrier.. that's why Sprint DOES do warranty replacements all day long at repair centers. My point to this thread was to bring attention to the fact that Sprint's customer service and most of their retail reps are clueless about some things.
    I totally agree with you about their sales staff. As long as things are hunky dory, they know what to do. But deviate from the "store policy" and they get that vacant, deer in a headlights look.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."

Posting Permissions