Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi,

I did a search about Pre's doing random shutdowns. I found a few threads about the loose battery and putting paper in there to fill the gap. I don't think that's my problem. My Pre seems to shut down on its own a random times... even while sitting on the table... with a full battery.

I did a soft reset. Still does it.

Is there a software fix for this?

Thanks,

S.
    (on my second pre now in a month's time. Touchscreen stopped working.)
    Had the same prob. Took it to the store and they tested the battery....said it came back "hot" (bad battery). Replaced the battery with a new one and haven't had a problem since.

Good luck!
    Yay, the random shutdown problem is back! And not connected to the loose battery!
    I had this problem with one of the Centro batteries I purchased as spares, as well as the OEM battery, some of them do not fit snugly in the compartment.

A small piece of paper or matchbook cover is enough to fix the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm going to have it replaced again because of random shutdowns and not working alarm clock. I'm pretty sure I'll get another faulty device as replacement. Certainly this will be a crappy slider mechanism or the audio jack . By replacing it again, I will get my money back and can get rid of this piece of crap at last . Being an early adopter for more than one year really sucks.
    I've never had any problem with random shutdowns. I have had three Pre Pluses and i have four batteries. All of which were free. Thank you generous Palm Support, I told them the batteries sucked and they sent me new ones, free of charge
    The question is, why did you have so many Pres?
    Fishing accident and it fell into a lake. Girlfriend knocked it into cup of tea. Not one has had any hardware issue, nor software issue.
    Ok, seems that you were lucky.
    i ve had a random shutdown last night left the battery at 80 percent before goin to sleep and when I woke up it's off. Even used battery saver to turn airplane mode at certain times to conserve power. One thing I noticed before going to bed that it went a bit hot, was thinking it's because been on the net for a time and downloading apps. Dr. Battery says overall battery health is at 98%.

what cud have caused random shutdown? Ty
    Last edited by legion732; 04/01/2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Was it just off or was the battery dead?
    it was just off... it turned on when i pressed the power button and the battery was at 34%. i've had the 30-0% issue 2 days before and rcalibrated it using dr. battery and i suppose it didnt fix the problem? or perhaps another problem looming around for me to discover it.
    Bad battery