Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So 87% are satisfied with the Pre and you say that Palm Pre users are dissatisfied.

Epic Fail = You.
    You acctually need to read instead of looking at the pretty pictures.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    You acctually need to read instead of looking at the pretty pictures.
    I did read smartass, and there's nothing wrong with my title.
    I wonder who they polled. Did they poll any of the people who's iPhones caught fire? Or got hot enough to set their car on fire? How about the people who's iPhones exploded? Did their representative sample include any people who's phones got hijacked through a text message? Did they include any developers? Like the ones who said this week that were sick of Apple's censorship and draconian policies regarding getting apps in the App Store? You know, the ones who said they wouldn't write software for the iPhone anymore.
    Actually, everything is wrong with your title. The majority (87%) are satisfied and you clearly did not read the article correctly. Remember that statistics class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    I did read smartass, and there's nothing wrong with my title.
    So 13% means what? 5 out of the 40 people are dissatified? Not even a fair poll because there were 200 apple users involved.
    Someone clear this up for me:

87% are "satisfied"
    45% are "very satisfied"

Together that's over 132% (or more users than participated in the survey). How did they calculate these results?
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    I wonder who they polled. Did they poll any of the people who's iPhones caught fire? Or got hot enough to set their car on fire? How about the people who's iPhones exploded? Did their representative sample include any people who's phones got hijacked through a text message? Did they include any developers? Like the ones who said this week that were sick of Apple's censorship and draconian policies regarding getting apps in the App Store? You know, the ones who said they wouldn't write software for the iPhone anymore.
    I'm sure they polled the Pre users who's Pres are falling apart or only have 32 apps to enjoy.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Actually, everything is wrong with your title. The majority (87%) are satisfied and you clearly did not read the article correctly. Remember that statistics class?
    Right that still leaves 13 percent dissatisfied.
    The title is misleading. A huge majority are satified and it even more than expected. I rememeber a poll for the iphone when it came out and it was around 15% disatisfied and that the norm with any new product. Anything under 80% would have been a story but only 13% is really terriffic. The title might have been misleading but this is great news. go PRE!!!
    Right that still leaves 13 percent dissatisfied.
    OK, so it a fair poll when they only interviewed 40 pre users and 200 apple users. Of course the % will be higher for the apple users.

Equal number of people interviewed equals fair numbers.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    OK, so it a fair poll when they only interviewed 40 pre users and 200 apple users. Of course the % will be higher for the apple users.

Equal number of people interviewed equals fair numbers.
    Yeah I'm sure the numbers for the Pres would have jumped up to 99 percent if the added the extra 160 users.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm sure the numbers for the Pres would have jumped up to 99 percent if the added the extra 160 users.
    Thats funny Adjei, I left Sprint for reception issues and went to T-mobile for the My Touch. Funny thing is after 8 days I ordered another Pre (I sold my old one) because I realized HOW GREAT IT IS and how bad other phones and carriers suck!!! I will figure out the reception issues in my home. Pre FTW!!!!!
    I just had a calendar notification pop up on my Pre:

Troll Day.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post

Troll Day.
    lol....I was thinking the same thing. I gotta say, my 2nd day with my Pre and im LOVIN IT!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I'm sure they polled the Pre users who's Pres are falling apart or only have 32 apps to enjoy.
    Also genius, so what if we only have 35 official apps in the market right now. The phone is only 2 months old, crap the Iphone had no apps when it launched in '07 and everyone had to pay at least $500 bucks when it came out! (I know because I was one of the idiots who bought one launch day) Dude you need to just buy your freaking Iphone (that is only popular from mass market saturation) and then let us know how it feels not to be able to truly multitask. By the way the Iphone is on which generation already? The Pre is first Gen. and it rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by badchad View Post
    Someone clear this up for me:

87% are "satisfied"
    45% are "very satisfied"

Together that's over 132% (or more users than participated in the survey). How did they calculate these results?
    Not having been part of the survey I'd hazard a guess they mean of the 87% that responded as being satisfied, 45% of the initial poll went on to say that they were very satisfied.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post

Troll Day.
    this is adjei's second topic I've seen that's nothing but trolling.

regardless, the survey is informal and the sample size for the pre is tiny.
    what standards did they use to choose which people would represent each platform?

it's nice that people who bought the phones are each happy with their respective purchases but this doesn't really mean much at all.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Also genius, so what if we only have 35 official apps in the market right now. The phone is only 2 months old, crap the Iphone had no apps when it launched in '07 and everyone had to pay at least $500 bucks when it came out! (I know because I was one of the idiots who bought one launch day) Dude you need to just buy your freaking Iphone (that is only popular from mass market saturation) and then let us know how it feels not to be able to truly multitask. By the way the Iphone is on which generation already? The Pre is first Gen. and it rocks!
    LOL at some of these dudes. So what if the iphone is a 3rd generation, you should have told Palm to launch the Pre in 2007 then. I guess when the iphone is on its 5th generation, we still shouldn't be comparing it to the Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast