1.    #1  
    I just got a Pre I've heard that EVDO can be turned off to save the battery, so that even if you're not in a wi-fi zone, it wont come on unless turned back on by the user. Can someone let me know how I turn EVDO off?
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post
    I just got a Pre I've heard that EVDO can be turned off to save the battery, so that even if you're not in a wi-fi zone, it wont come on unless turned back on by the user. Can someone let me know how I turn EVDO off?
    enable airplane mode...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    enable airplane mode...
    So in order to turn 3G service off on the Pre, I have to turn the phone service off too?
    Quote Originally Posted by glomgold View Post
    So in order to turn 3G service off on the Pre, I have to turn the phone service off too?
    well u can connect to wifi...which takes away 3g internet but still has the phone capability
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well u can connect to wifi...which takes away 3g internet but still has the phone capability
    But then as-soon-as I'm no longer in my wi-fi hotspot, it'll automatically reconnect to EV, right? I'll rarely use the 3G, I really wish I could turn it off and save my battery.
    It was my understandign that you want to have 3G because for phone service it uses less battery. I could be wrong.