1.    #1  
    I called Palm to talk to them about some issues I'm having (loose screen/battery) and the guy from Palm told me to go to the Sprint store because there its no longer a 30 day warranty, its 12 months. I asked him twice and he said its true. He told me to go to Sprint and ask them about an exchange if they wont do have them call Palm.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The 30 day "warranty" is actually the return policy. The reason they exchange your phone is because since it is within 30 days, you could just return it and re-buy it. The actual warranty is the standard 1 year manufacture warranty, which Sprint does honor as well.
    really...?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    More or less referring to the one year (12 month) warranty exchange aka a REFURB
  5.    #5  
    So since im still having hardware issues, assuming they think its severe enough, they would exchange it at no charge?

Quote Originally Posted by ey2289 View Post
    The 30 day "warranty" is actually the return policy. The reason they exchange your phone is because since it is within 30 days, you could just return it and re-buy it. The actual warranty is the standard 1 year manufacture warranty, which Sprint does honor as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    So since im still having hardware issues, assuming they think its severe enough, they would exchange it at no charge?
    Depending on how long you've had the phone the more likely option would be that they'd repair it there if possible. If not they'd send it to Palm (or their own repair facility). I've heard of folks getting an advance return (swapping the phone out in the store) but having to put down a deposit of some amount on the replacement phone until the original was returned or credited back to Sprint.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    all the techs nationwide have been instructed not to attempt to fix pres, but just to send them back to the warehouse, which sends them back to palm so they can track bugs/problems/failure rates. Im not sure how long it will be like this, but they have made it very clear to all of our S&R locations to not attempt to fix them.

As stated above though, the one year warranty is standard for any phone, and only covers defects aka problems that you didnt cause

lol the palm rep you were speaking with clearly had no clue what he was talking about!