1.    #1  
    I have checked, rechecked, AND triple checked my sound/ringtone settings.

All sounds are on, and vibrate is on for silent and ring mode.

When I receive messages (SMS or AIM) my Pre doesn't make a sound or vibrate. It's not the speaker or the...vibrator?... My phone rings and vibrates for calls, emails, and the low battery notifications but never for messages.

Anyone else having this trouble?

i have somewhat the same problem, it has its random moments. Sometimes i hear sometimes i dont.. but im thinking the problem for me is that im receiving too many texts at the same time?..
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Try a soft reset.
    Mine seems to get confused at times. I find a soft reset fixes most of these issues.
    Yeah mine forgets to do what it's supposed to do sometimes too. If it really quits working, just restart the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ContraVern View Post
    I have checked, rechecked, AND triple checked my sound/ringtone settings.

All sounds are on, and vibrate is on for silent and ring mode.

When I receive messages (SMS or AIM) my Pre doesn't make a sound or vibrate. It's not the speaker or the...vibrator?... My phone rings and vibrates for calls, emails, and the low battery notifications but never for messages.

Anyone else having this trouble?

I seem to be having this issue start about a few days ago. Not sure it it's the ringtones I'm using or something else. A reset seems to only resolve the issue for the first few sms' then it's back to no ringtone playing.
    I'm searching other posts for a solution / resolution but I thought I'd resurrect this only thread in case anyone has resolved it.
    Any help or suggestions?
    You turned audible notifications on in your Messenger's preferences? I never had this issue and I get a huge freaking ton of email and SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You turned audible notifications on in your Messenger's preferences? I never had this issue and I get a huge freaking ton of email and SMS.
    ahhh eff-me how the funck did I miss this??? I bet my 2-year old got a hold of my phone and "modified" this for me.

Thanks a bunch!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The problem I'm having is that I can't reset my messaging notification to the factory setting. When I chatted with Palm, they said the "Pre" ringtone was the default for messaging notification but I don't remember that being the case.

Also, I thought when I checked a message the ringtone would stop but now it just keeps going and there's nothing I can press to stop it! Can anyone help with this?