Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Spades is pretty well implemented except for the brain dead AI when you play "partners". When I am winning the hand, my partner will still throw out a higher card or will use a high spade when a low spade would still win the hand..
    Mine kept bidding 5 like books and then pulling 1. Dumb ***.

But I love Spades, so I'm happy for the app.
    I say boo!

These apps are horrible. The "We don't want to play the .99 App game" has to be a joke. These apps are worse than I had expected.

If this is what we have to look forward to, its gonna be disaster.

Palm should have taken the opportunity to showcase some great new app's. If they think they did that, its curtains for the App store until further access to the SDK is opened up to developers.

Thumbs down Palm!

What's up with no sound on all games/apps?
    I think the current capabilities of the official SDK are being displayed. I don't think its a positive thing either nor do I expect it to get much better. Without deep hardware access you can expect exactly what we have right now, mostly half *** apps.

Hopefully Palm pulls their head out of their collective *** and open up the hardware on this device. Unfortunately since the OS itself can't even use its own hardware properly that is unlikely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    A whole thread because of 2 new apps?
    "The new phone book's here, the new phone book's here!"
    He hates those cans!
    I'm starting to get real dissapointed with these apps and sdk capabilities.....if apps like this is what we have to look forward to, I might jump ship before the year end. I won't say anything bad about the pre cuz its a fantastic device but the apps was gonna be a huge selling point and something I ws exited about but Palm shot themselves in the foot with this sdk, I hope to see deeper access soon and enabling openGL (what's the point in having a cpu nearly identical to the 3gs if we can't use it?) or I will have to get me a hero or touch pro 2 (and I hate winmo btw)

On topic... Downloaded both games and they did not last 5 minutes
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    I say boo!

These apps are horrible. The "We don't want to play the .99 App game" has to be a joke. These apps are worse than I had expected.

If this is what we have to look forward to, its gonna be disaster.

Palm should have taken the opportunity to showcase some great new app's. If they think they did that, its curtains for the App store until further access to the SDK is opened up to developers.

Thumbs down Palm!

What's up with no sound on all games/apps?
    thats what im saying no sound its a f#$# mime phone no sound at all not in the os not in the games! freaking blows!! i made a hole thread about the no sound issue! i got two replys im glad to see im not alone on games without sound what is this the twilight zone!?!??!! HEY PALM FIX THIS CRAP AND OH YEAH YOUR NEW APPS BLOW! no offense to the developer of the lights out i think he is on here but it blows! no way i pay money for these apps! can we get one polished app like do i dare say iphone app for the love of god?!?! just to see what this thing can do??
    Last edited by stevo101; 08/15/2009 at 02:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    and developers, even in the homebrew community can't eat Props and high fives forever!!
    What?!?!?! Developers want to make money off their efforts? That's just crazy talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    What?!?!?! Developers want to make money off their efforts? That's just crazy talk.
    i thought some of them are eating donations?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by talsair View Post
    We get new threads for a WHOLE lot less. And, really, new apps in the store is a nice thing and will be talked about. As one of my coworkers always says, its better than a stick in the eye. :P
    Erm, I'd like to think there are many things better than a stick in the eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    I'm starting to get real dissapointed with these apps and sdk capabilities.....if apps like this is what we have to look forward to, I might jump ship before the year end.
    Trust me, much better things are to come .
    It comes down to expectations...

Palm has been saying that the slow release of aps is because they only want to release qualtiy aps. They set expectations too high if these aps are representative of quality aps.

The home brew community is also to blame for expectations being set to high. They have been producing aps of greater quality, quantity and frequency. They listen to users, support their work and make frequent updates.
    Silly question: how is it possible for homebrew apps to be better than apps made with the sdk. Better HW access, approval process, or something else? I'm sure the answer is maybe obvious but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Really mobile; 08/15/2009 at 08:38 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12