1.    #1  
    So I should be getting the pre pre-tty soon, should I wait for a new shipment of Pre's in hope that the are better quality, hardware wise?

Ive heard that they have already made a few changes...

Every how often do they update their hardware? What different build dates have you guys found?
    They update every hour or so things like screens keyboards and things of that nature save yourself some grief and search
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    They update every hour or so things like screens keyboards and things of that nature save yourself some grief and search
    Hardware not software
    Quote Originally Posted by most_wanted_187 View Post
    Ive heard that they have already made a few changes...
    I've not seen any proof that they've actually changed anything hardware wise. There was a report that the battery was updated but someone else posted that his launch day Pre had the same battery. There have been posts that the sliders have been modded with a plastic strip then someone reported that he "thought" his launch day Pre had the same plastic strips.

I think Palm is simply getting caught up on inventory and has the luxury of being more consistent with their QA.

Having said that I got my Pre 2 weeks ago and it's been great. The slider has loosened up a bit since I got it and I now have about a 1mm oreo effect. I checked my wife's Highnote (2 way slider) and an old PPC 6700 and the movement in their sliders was roughly the same as the Pre. The 6700 had more but it's a 5 year old phone. The highnote was a bit tighter but still had some movement.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad