Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Today I found myself really grateful for the mirror on the back of the Pre, and I'm a guy. (Okay, I'm just playing off of all that brouhaha over the mirror supposedly being a way to woo women to the Pre.)

I've been battling ants getting into the kitchen and am sealing up all the ways there are to get in from the walls. Today I had to seal the water spigot behind the fridge and couldn't tell whether I had left any ant-sized holes unsealed. I really needed a small mirror that I could put up against the wall to do the inspection. Ho! I pulled out my Pre, flipped it open, and I was in business.

Okay, now for an admission. I still deal with intermittent acne -- and I'm 40 -- and I've actually used the mirror to do quick checks when I'm out and about prior to a date or a social. I guess that counts as another guy use.

I do think the mirror makes the Pre look tacky and retro, but I'm happy for it anyway.
    While not manly, iuse it to see if my kid has fallen asleep when laying on my shoulder.
    I have used it on several occasions and I have no shame in admitting this.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I use it all the time. Although I am probably prohibited from saying what that use is on here.
    I'm a man that loves his Pre mirror! Nose hair free? Check! Nothing in the teeth? Check!
    A sprint employee pointed out that the mirror is there so that you can use it if you take a picture of yourself.

Never thought about it, but that makes great sense to me.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Great idea! I had to silicone caulk some gaps above the sink, between a small window seal and grout at the top of the backsplash, and have had trouble telling if I sealed it all well. This will work perfectly - it will fit behind the spigot and reflect up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I've been battling ants getting into the kitchen and am sealing up all the ways there are to get in from the walls.
    I have woods behind my house and get them every year!
    Just put out some little piles of corn meal around the kitchen. The ants eat it and take it back to the nest and it kills them all. They cannot digest it.
    It won't harm pets or anything since it is corn meal.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I use it when plucking the gray hairs from my goatee.
    We're all a bunch of "slimy ******* users."
    A huge rail of coke
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    A huge rail of coke
    That IS manly.
    We're all a bunch of "slimy ******* users."
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I used the mirror while camping in Colorado to check out my man beard.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I never thought I'd learn about killing ants with cornmeal on a Pre forum! Great advice.
    I use it to store excess fingerprints.
    mine has 2 rails... scratches
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Remote viewing of boobage and booty.
    A mirror can be handy to see behind computers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Today I found myself really grateful for the mirror on the back of the Pre, and I'm a guy. (Okay, I'm just playing off of all that brouhaha over the mirror supposedly being a way to woo women to the Pre.)

I've been battling ants getting into the kitchen and am sealing up all the ways there are to get in from the walls. Today I had to seal the water spigot behind the fridge and couldn't tell whether I had left any ant-sized holes unsealed. I really needed a small mirror that I could put up against the wall to do the inspection. Ho! I pulled out my Pre, flipped it open, and I was in business.

Okay, now for an admission. I still deal with intermittent acne -- and I'm 40 -- and I've actually used the mirror to do quick checks when I'm out and about prior to a date or a social. I guess that counts as another guy use.

I do think the mirror makes the Pre look tacky and retro, but I'm happy for it anyway.
    i also use the mirror in similar way i use it to inspect my buttocks/back you can see around those tricky corners like you were describing also for acne!
    Last edited by stevo101; 08/15/2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    same here. im saving them up for when the apocalypse comes...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    ROFLMAO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast