Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ** I think this probably belongs in the Homebrew Apps forum, but the site kept giving me permissions errors when I tried to post there -- basically said I wasn't allowed to create a new thread in that section **

With the frequency that some of these Homebrew Apps are being updated (which I love), we need an app similar to the built-in Updates app. Its hard to tell when the version you have installed has an update, and its obviously a pain to check each app version number one by one. Granted, I don't know how hard this would be to implement... but it would be a great addition to the thriving Homebrew scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    ** I think this probably belongs in the Homebrew Apps forum, but the site kept giving me permissions errors when I tried to post there -- basically said I wasn't allowed to create a new thread in that section **

With the frequency that some of these Homebrew Apps are being updated (which I love), we need an app similar to the built-in Updates app. Its hard to tell when the version you have installed has an update, and its obviously a pain to check each app version number one by one. Granted, I don't know how hard this would be to implement... but it would be a great addition to the thriving Homebrew scene.
    I completely Second that.
    I think we need a hack to allow more apps first. What good is an upater if I can't update due to memory limitations?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Just found a App updated. I got PreLoad on my pre and it has PreUpdate. Work good on most apps. Not sure if it will work on all apps I got through filecoaster but some do for sure.
    I've been using PreUpdate to check for updates but then use Filecoaster to actually update the apps. Preload's servers are painfully slow imo compared to precentrals...ymmv

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I think we need a hack to allow more apps first. What good is an upater if I can't update due to memory limitations?
    let us all know when this one gets broken though.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    preware can also update.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    preware can also update.
    -mark
    whats preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post

I agree. At one point, the GDialPro was being updated every day. I couldn't keep up!
    Pre update will keep u up to date real nice, I use it regulary.
    I checked for updates this morning (using the standard Palm Updates icon) and was surprised to find an update to the Homebrew Spades app in there.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Spades is in the official app catalog, isn't it?
    I agree with OP and sir mycroft! Get this done people!!!!! Geez! Lazy nerds!
    I'm just kidding... I love my peeps from lambda lambda lambda!!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Pre update will keep u up to date real nice, I use it regulary.
    Is Pre-update part of Preloader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditdah View Post
    Whoops. Thought I had got that one from the 'Brew. Carry on.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Is Pre-update part of Preloader?
    Pre-update is an App available to download off of Preloader. I was surprised when I downloaded it that it let's me update all the homebrew apps from it.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Whoops. Thought I had got that one from the 'Brew. Carry on.
    I can see why. With the way it was put together, some of the homebrew apps were much cleaner looking.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So, here's a question, why isn't Preloader in fileCoaster?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast