Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    wtf this is my 4th pre now im getting a 5th but my touchscreen does not work at all. At first it would work for a little if i plugged it in the charger then took it out. Now even when i plug it in it doesnt work. This **** is ridiculous. is there a fix for this ive pulled the battery numerous times. theres nothing else i can really do. the keyboard works fine and the button to.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me. Sprint couldn't fix it, and my replacement will be here monday. Just gotta survive a couple of days with this dud.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yup should be getting my replacement monday to. i just went in said the screen is dead they didnt even look at it asked for my number and gave me a ticket for the new pre. seems like they have so many problems with the pre they dont even care to look at it and they believe w.e the person says.

it just randomly stopped working. didnt drop it no water no nothing just stoped working. i just smashed the screen open and closed a couple times and got it to work again. but the screen still doesnt work sometimes
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i just had one die too...gave ot to a VP on Friday of last week....dead last night. Luckily I had on on stand by for another VP
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jongo View Post
    wtf this is my 4th pre now im getting a 5th but my touchscreen does not work at all. At first it would work for a little if i plugged it in the charger then took it out. Now even when i plug it in it doesnt work. This **** is ridiculous. is there a fix for this ive pulled the battery numerous times. theres nothing else i can really do. the keyboard works fine and the button to.
    Return that ****. Why would you get a 5th Pre? I went through 3 of them and needed a 4th but left Sprint to get the 3GS. Don't accept that beta product!
    mine stopped working yesterday but i was able to get it to work again by opening and closing it a crap ton of times.. now today it just plan stopped working.. what a boring day at work it was not being able to use the phone.. now that im home trying to attempt to restore using webOS doctor guess what.. it starts working again.. but im gonna wipe it just to be safe and if it craps out again off to the sprint store i go..

i only started to have issues after i installed preware, package service manager and the onscreen kb patch..
    when you say the screen went "dead", what do you mean? It just went black, and wouldn't come back on when you opened it? Maybe this is a stupid question, but you do know that when the screen goes black after not using it or when it locks, you have to tap the power button once for it to come back? Again, possibly a dumb question, but I've made that mistake.

Opening and closing doesn't always work, but I never had that problem again once I realized that this is what was happening.
    Lost my touch screen too, but it was after a drop (like the 5th drop) this time on asphalt. No scuffs but no touch screen.
    So my pre ended up doing the same thing and it was to the point that when it first started i could put it to sleep and turn it back on and I could touch it again, then it was slide open and close and it would work, then that stopped as well then it was the charger would make it work, then onto taking the back off (not the battery) and there ya go again. well that all died and I was able to answer phone calls by sliding it up but NOPE not anymore... I'm a rep at a store so just to show you we aren't all out to get you ours mess up too... never been droped or anything I keep it in a case as well as an invisable shield... my Q is does anyone know how to GET to the texting part without using the keyboard?? I can call people (they have to hang up first) but no texting sad little helper
    so i had the same issues, plugging in the charger would make it work and unplugging it would make it stop

i gave it some thought and realized it had something to do with the area surrounding the insert for the charger because it would work even without the charger being plugged in..so i took a pin and pushed the little slot where you insert your cable and voila! started working again. although it does stop at times and i have to push it in again
    im going to take it to a repair shop and see what they have to say about it
    lol wow seems like this is happening quite frequently. I also had this happen on two pre's. One right after another the second one didnt even last 48 hrs and i was right back in the sprint store. So far im on my 4th pre and it seems to be solid but only time will tell
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to enable the Developer Mode without being able to use the touchscreen. I am trying to extract my contact list from it using the WebOS Quick Install software, but it must have the Developer enable which I cannot do without being able to actually use the touchscreen...
    Were these replaced under the warranty at no cost?
    I am on my 3rd Pre and I have had the replacement for less then 2 days and the touchscreen doesn't work again. Anyone know if Sprint will let you pick another phone when there are have 3 or more replacements for the same issue?
    So I had the exact same problem about a month ago. After speaking with a couple Sprint CS people, I finally came across one with some actual information (surprising I know) I was informed that sometimes (after a drop, or with hard closes, and openings of the slider), the cable between the body and the screen will come loose. Which explains for those of you who stated, "if I open it hard it will work". Now my next question was, "well why when I plug it in does it work and once I unplug it, it won't"? This stumped him and everyone else! Long story short it appears to be a hardware issue which of course is covered under warranty. So although it's a major pain in the *** it will be resolved.

The Pre is a "new" phone and it does have it's bugs but lets remember the innovation is what brought a lot of us to the phone along with other things. I have faith in Palm and the fact that they will fix these issues, and accommodate those that have legit problems with their devices. Hope this helps!
    SO I went to Sprint today and they gave me a new phone instead of a refurb. They said that if I need another replacement, they will get me into a different phone depending on their stock.