Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Stuff I transfer to the Pre plays fine. Youtube is fine.

But virtually every site that works on my Ipod touch, says 'there was an error playing the file'. I first chalked it up to the Pre making a bad decision not to support whatever video format the Iphone supports (which is odd as to why youtube works.)

Now I'm using the Appstore NFL app, and I get that same error with all the videos and they are supposed to be for the Pre.

Can anybody else view the NFL app videos?
    Mark F Chinsky
    Reset your device.

Try again. The NFL ones will do that and on my device bugs out youtube sometimes forcing a reset. Get used to it because the OS is buggy as hell.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Is NFL videos working right now on your device?
    Mark F Chinsky
    Just loaded up BS. Yes. Had to reset to because when i exited out it ****ed up youtube videos from working.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I just reset, still won't play the videos. WTF?
    Mark F Chinsky
    After reset I loaded the newest "My take" and it worked. Not sure what else could be wrong or if you rooted and fubard something.

Maybe give it some time and try another reset and see if it fixes itself. Its been pretty buggy for me.
    yeah most videos i've tried to play, don't. Even when it's encoded right. i stopped trying a day into having the phone.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    what is 'my take'?

I've not yet rooted or put any non-app store apps on yet. Only had it 3 days
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    what is 'my take'?

I've not yet rooted or put any non-app store apps on yet. Only had it 3 days

"My take" is the name of the video in NFL app i tried watching and worked. Like the other guy said above the phone and apps are pretty buggy / bare bones right now.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I want to try and watch the same thing you tried. How exactly did you navigate to 'my takes' from the main NFL Menu. I don't see it.

thx
    Mark F Chinsky
    If I reset my pre will I lose all my homebrews and other info?
    Noooooooooooo spankwire doesnt work anymore error playing back file lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHonkey View Post
    Noooooooooooo spankwire doesnt work anymore error playing back file lol!
    Lol we all know that is the site everyone here is trying to get to work.

What gives all of the sudden even you tube vidoes aren't working?

This is a recent bug. How do we report this to {Palm/Sprint}
    Well either you can call sprints useless customer service. or you can pay 15 bucks to talk to palm. or do what I plan on doing before the 30 days, Bring it back and wait for the bugs to get worked out. IF the bugs get worked out.

You would think a dying cell phone company would attempt market more stable phones.

I am already on my second!