View Poll Results: How do you open your launcher?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use the quick launch button

18 23.38%
  • I use the gesture

59 76.62%
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else find it odd that we can customize the first 4 quick launch items, but we're stuck with the "launcher" button?

Considering we can open the launcher with a simple "up" gesture, it only makes sense that we should be able to replace that redundant button if we so desire.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i would go a step further and suggest they have a click&hold type feature on every one of the launcher icons...

think about it, have a 'game' icon that brings up a menu of all your games...
    just a thought
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    i would go a step further and suggest they have a click&hold type feature on every one of the launcher icons...

think about it, have a 'game' icon that brings up a menu of all your games...
    just a thought
    That is a good idea. For starters, I'd just love to see them clean up this redundant feature.
    I stopped using the button when the screen cracks showed up around here.
    im with you i use gesture dont lock that there its dumb!
    I would like more quick launch options as more can fit easily. I'd also like folders to organize things but that probably won't happen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I would like more quick launch options as more can fit easily. I'd also like folders to organize things but that probably won't happen.
    I had folders on my BB and I miss them.

It's weird because so much about WebOS just makes you think "man, this just makes sense, why didn't anyone else think of it?" but then there are things (like not having folders) that just make you scratch your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I had folders on my BB and I miss them.

It's weird because so much about WebOS just makes you think "man, this just makes sense, why didn't anyone else think of it?" but then there are things (like not having folders) that just make you scratch your head.
    and then you realize the OS is in it's infancy and things will only get better =)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinflaps View Post
    i had folders on my bb and i miss them.

It's weird because so much about webos just makes you think "man, this just makes sense, why didn't anyone else think of it?" but then there are things (like not having folders) that just make you scratch your head.
    hear hear!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    If we're talking about Launcher Reform then I'll toss in a request. More apps per page and eliminate the scrolling in launcher.

WebOS is trying to combine the BB (tall) and iPhone (page) style of app selection. And while it may be usable for now, once the apps start rolling in then many apps will get buried. So you have to memorize things like "Evernote is located 4pages right and 2 scrolls down ". (And no, typing isn't always convenient).

I'd like to see Palm 1up the iPhone by using their page method but make pages easier to organize with category labels.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    If we're talking about Launcher Reform then I'll toss in a request. More apps per page and eliminate the scrolling in launcher.

WebOS is trying to combine the BB (tall) and iPhone (page) style of app selection. And while it may be usable for now, once the apps start rolling in then many apps will get buried. So you have to memorize things like "Evernote is located 4pages right and 2 scrolls down ". (And no, typing isn't always convenient).

I'd like to see Palm 1up the iPhone by using their page method but make pages easier to organize with category labels.
    Or they could give us folders to organize things. When BB added that feature in a recent OS update it made it so much easier to find things.
    Someone could probably home brew a folder app for the Pre. They did it on the iPhone and released it on Cydia (3rd party app catalog).

As for the launcher, I use both. Just depends on what my brain tells my thumb to do the moment I go to open it.

Yes, there definitely needs to be more apps per page. Scrolling down to the bottom is kind of annoying.

Another thing I would like is for Palm to add all the apps that come loaded on the phone to the app store, and allow us to delete them off our phone (with the exception of phone, e-mail, SMS, and a handful of others). That way you can get rid of stuff like Nascar, NFL, Amazon music, YouTube, or anything you just don't want. If in the future you ever want to get something back that you deleted, it's on the app store.
    Last edited by glomgold; 08/15/2009 at 01:18 PM.

...or you could use Universal Search. Type "ev." Universal search will locate everything beginning with "ev," instantly displaying it on your screen. type in more letters and the choices narrow. Universal Search might actually be the most useful aspect of the phone's programs.