Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so we've seen the posts about bugs the PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $or$ $the$ $apps$ $we$ $want$, $but$ $where$'$s$ $the$ $love$!?! $I$ $wanted$ $to$ $devote$ $a$ $thread$ $to$ $everything$ $we$ $love$ $about$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $or$ $the$ $wonderful$ $experiences$ $we$'$ve$ $had$ $with$ $it$ $so$ $far$. $I$'$ll$ $start$:

I LOVE that I was one of the lucky ones to buy my PrPrPr&#$275$; $for$ $99 @ Best Buy!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading HTML email natively on the device. Coming from a 755p, that just doesn't happen natively!

I LOVE PANDORA on the PrPrPr&#$275$;--$to$ $seamlessly$ $switch$ $from$ $headphones$ $to$ $the$ $cassette$ $adapter$ $in$ $my$ $car$ $is$ $BLISS$!

I LOVE Messaging on my PrPrPr&#$275$;--$the$ $seamless$ $switch$ $from$ $SMS$ $to$ $AIM$ $is$ $addictive$!

There's plenty more to say, but I thought I'd give someone else a chance.

So, what do YOU love about your PrPrPr&#$275$;!?!
    Well. Soon. I will love wearing a pink tutu while posting on PreCentral.Net. (another thread joke)

I LOVE HomeBrew for WebOS!

I LOVE PreCentral for my Pre!

"" from above. LOVE msging app.

I LOVE MY WIFE MORE THAN MY PRE.

(EDIT)

(she is watching over my shoulder... Had to add that)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The notifications! Discreet, yet functional. Very nice! Oh and the gestures. Ok and the amazing camera. Finally a camera worthy of keeping the pics.
    I LOVE synergy!!!
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Well. Soon. I will love wearing a pink tutu while posting on PreCentral.Net. (another thread joke)
    Hotpink!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I've been in a couple of very challenging situations since I got my Pre. First, the house I'm renting was foreclosed, and I got the oh-so-fun notice to vacate. So, it was off to house-hunt with very little time and in a very difficult SoCal market. Then, my wife totaled her minivan, and so it was off to hunt for a replacement in the middle of the Cash for Clunkers debacle (no new cars available, no bargaining position because dealers already have more business than they can handle, etc.).

I can honestly say that the Pre made both of these experiences at least a little less challenging than they would have otherwise been. The ability to look up properties while checking email while making notes while taking pictures while navigating from one house to another--all with the flip of a few cards--was simply a liberating experience. The same thing with looking up blue book values while reading reviews while responding to emails regarding the insurance claim.

What makes the Pre special is the combination of multitasking, the outstanding screen, and the responsive touch interface. All of the other issues that bug me, such as the battery life and sometimes spotty performance, are so far overshadowed by these features that I simply can't imagine being without my Pre. So far, it's been the best and most life-changing device I've purchased since my first notebook.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7.    #7  
    Great posts, thanks for sharing the love, guys!

Multitasking does set the PrPrPr&#$275$; $apart$ $from$ $other$ $smartphones$, $and$ $everytime$ $I$ $use$ $it$, $I$ $wonder$ $how$ $I$ $ever$ $got$ $along$ $without$ $multitasking$. $I$ $can$'$t$ $fathom$ $going$ $back$ $to$ $my$ $beloved$ $755p$ $or$ $any$ $other$ $smartphone$ $after$ $having$ $a$ $taste$ $of$ $multitasking$ $and$ $synergy$.
    Synergy - I have a Google Calendar with a group of people who have access and schedule time, My companies Exchange server, and my personal Outlook (stand alone using Pocket Mirror) all consolidated seemlessly on my Pre.

Notifications - I love not having to stop and deal with notifications if I'm in the middle of something.

Web Browser - I'm often looking things up during conversations with friends where a computer isn't available. Heck, even if a computer was available, I would probably still use my Pre.

Touchstone - How convienient is that!!

The looks - The Pre is just a very cool looking device.

I know there's more things I love, but these would probably be the top things.
    I don't have time to add much right now so I'll just say web-browsing is phenomenal.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Just now, while I was responding to an email from my wife, I get a notification from the Flightview app that my oldest son's return flight from the east coast is scheduled. While I'm checking that, I get another notification that my ex has sent me a text message that he's just gone through the security gate, and while I'm responding to that I get another notification from the HomeBrew PrePackage app that the amp I ordered from Crutchfield has just arrived in Hodkins, IL.

Oh, and did I mention that Pandora is streaming in the background over my PC speakers the whole time?

So I came to the forum to share and found this thread.

What the hell did we do in the time before little electronic devices??
    Howsabout...

Being able to use the Touchstone as a car mount for the Pre! The same thing that holds it charges it. And, in my case, it's close enough for brief viewings and interaction.

There's no easier way to top off.

I love that the TS is at an angle, too, to make it easier to do what I've wanted to do since my first Treo - prop up the device somewhere while I enjoy content (YouTube or whatever).
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Pandora + GPS + Phone (speakerphone) simultaneously in the car, with every app knowing what the other is doing.

Nuff said.
    I love the screen and the color quality.

I love the web browser and use it quite a bit.

I love the email app and the text notifications. Having easy access to my multiple inboxes is heaven.

I love the ease with which I can turn on/off certain functions such as WIFI.

I love the fact that I was able to easily replace the stock battery with something bigger.

I love the onboard camera.

I love its multitasking capability.

Lots more to list......
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    I simply love the way this phone works.

I love that it's not a Blackberry.

I love that I can have my work Exchange and a "moonlighting customer's" exchange as well as my hotmail and Gmail e-mail on my phone at the same time without having everything get dumped into the main "inbox".

I love that I can have my calendar show my EAS calendar, gmail calendar, and the Steelers regular season, all from one view.

I love the screen on this thing. It's got to be one of the clearest Cell Phone screens I've ever seen.

But most of all, I love the looks on the faces of my iPhone toting coworkers when they see me switch from Pandora to my e-mail to my calendar to a weather radar screen to google maps, to the comics, all without losing the songs I'm listening to on Pandora.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    I love that palm is not going to release any new apps for the Pre and limit the amount of apps to be installed. This will help everyone save money on useless apps. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    I love that palm is not going to release any new apps for the Pre and limit the amount of apps to be installed. This will help everyone save money on useless apps. LOL
    Where's the anti-thank button?
    I love being able to see picture in text...Coming from Treo 755p always had to hit a stupid link and wait for it to load. O and I love pandora!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i love the phone because it keeps things simple and right in your face. no wondering what apps are running without you knowing, no need to check the status of certain applications for updates. i love that i haz pre
    I LOVE how seamlessly you can move from one app to the next. I'm a multitasker by nature. The fact that my phone is too? We're a perfect match.
    I love love love Pandora.
    I love how despite my boss telling me we aren't allowed to have cellphones around at work, I was better able to help 3 customers today (I've only had the Pre 48 hours). Showed a woman how to get to our nearest store with google maps, looked up a manuf. website to get contact info for another and used the translator to help a spanish woman (I no speako the spanisho.)
    I love how it divides, yet still keeps my email together for quick access.
    I love apps. (I come from a cheesy Voyager on Big Red, don't judge me. haha) More specifally, I love homebrews. And I love the people that make them.
    Best of all? I love the look on peoples faces when they see the Pre. Worth every penny.

I also love that theres a thread that celebrates the positive, and not dwelling on batt. life and oreo effects.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I love changing the wallpapers on my pre without jailbreaking.

I love the notifications and not having to go into the device to figure out what's happening.

I love the homebrew apps.

I love how easy it is to the sync my outlook, Pre, and google calendars.

I love the Homebrew package tracker app. If you buy online its a must.

I love accessing linux.

I love the freedom I feel when using the pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast