Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just sync'ed with PocketMirror and got a message that the beta period was over for this application and it has reverted to a 7 day trial period.

No problem but there is no information provided or on the "App Store" about purchase or how to buy.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it sync'ed notes and tasks but think the application is a little weak to have available for purchase.

Also, no mention of price or details to buy... I'm not going to chase Chapura around the internet... FAIL.
    The App Catalog does not support purchases yet. Chapura has all the info on their website.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Beware of deleting Pocket Mirror after syching. I did and it erased 100% of my contacts and contents of calander. No good.
    $30 to sync contacts and calendar? Holy Beejeeezus.
    Yeah, I agree that $30 is high for just contacts and calendar. While they are working on additional features, it's going to be a tough sell just on the trust that the other sync features will be coming soon. However, I think not having to use Google as a go-between is a big plus with PocketMirror.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 08/14/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't recall, did they mention that it would be a pay service on the website?
    awww man r u serious?
    how the take it out of beta but yet it doesnt even sync contact photos yet?
    blower
    this was the main way i was sync'n
    not payin that $30
    i would need it to sync my outlook notes task memos email, ALL that, for 30bucks
    I know we all have our priorities, but to me photos is way down at the bottom. Categories, Notes and Tasks are much more important, in my opinion. That's why I felt their KeySuite product was great for the 700p, it did just about everything I needed.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    $30....ARE YOU SERIOUS! No way I'm payn for that without all features. No tasks and no notes are a huge negative. I got the message 'Beta period over' and thought I might spend a couple bucks for it, but it doesn't even operate with all functions. I guess I'll be checking out their competition.
  10.    #10  
    They are still on v0.9.16, not even v1.0 so technically still a traditional beta version number. When I contacted them they said... "We do hope to add Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes at some point in the future." And when I asked about v1.0, their comment was, "We do not have a release date available for this."

So, $30, not even v1.0 and unable to actually sync major functionallity...
    I would recommend you e-mail them that you think the price point is high for the feature set and tell them what features you would like added. I did and they have been responsive. Will they lower the price or disclose a feature release timeline? Possibly if enough people show interest in the product.
    I wonder if all of that has anything to do with them releasing Echo?
    Unlikely. The Echo announcement has been on their website for as long as PocketMirror, it just wasn't offered as a beta in the App Catalog.
    I'll stop using this app if I have to pay for it.

I suppose I could export my Google contacts to Outlook on a weekly basis to keep my contacts up to date on my laptop.

Otherwise, the Pre has trained me to live "in the cloud" and I'm liking it up there.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I just sent them an email stating I will be parting ways with them until such time as they put more features in or they adjust their pricing. We'll see what they say. It's a shame, but I'm not paying $30 just to sync my calendar!
    Can any one confirm that you are getting true two update between outlook and your Pre. From what I can tell PocketMirrors does not update changes to contacts on the Pre back to Outlook. Therefor it's only one program, i.e., outlook to Pre. Any comments?

P.S. if I'm correct then $30 bucks the big no deal.
    They are going to add all the features. Notes, etc.. they are still working on it.

And you need to go to their website right now to purchase it and read about the updates.

If you like sync to Outlook and I do, then $30 over the life of my Pre is worth it.

And for me, it works pretty good, haven't had trouble with it.

I do also think they extended the trail to 15 days. Check the website for details.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Can any one confirm that you are getting true two update between outlook and your Pre. From what I can tell PocketMirrors does not update changes to contacts on the Pre back to Outlook. Therefor it's only one program, i.e., outlook to Pre. Any comments?

P.S. if I'm correct then $30 bucks the big no deal.
    two way synch is confirmed (pre to outlook, and outlook to pre). It's a great program. But $30.... yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Confirmed, also long as people understand how Palm's implementation of Synergy works. You have to be aware of which account you are making changes in on the Pre. PocketMirror is not going to update Outlook with info you changed on a Google or Facebook account contact.

Check my post at
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post1809562
    The program has worked great for me & $30 for total Outlook sync would be ok but if they follow their typical form, the updates to include tasks, memos, notes will be called Pocket Mirror Professional & will cost $49.95 and that is too much.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast