Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post
    two way synch is confirmed (pre to outlook, and outlook to pre). It's a great program. But $30.... yikes
    So, how do you set PocketMirrors to update with just outlook, when you also have a gmail acount?
    Quote Originally Posted by gjhdvm View Post
    The program has worked great for me & $30 for total Outlook sync would be ok but if they follow their typical form, the updates to include tasks, memos, notes will be called Pocket Mirror Professional & will cost $49.95 and that is too much.
    I agree that the current pricing is too steep for the feature set currently offered, and I've told them as much. While I think the ability to sync with Outlook without having to go through the Google or Palm cloud is a big plus, the mass market probably doesn't given the feedback here and on the PreCentral comments for Echo.

Cost vs. value is different for everyone. I'm willing to pay for a rich feature set, as I did by dropping $70 for KeySuite years ago for my 700p. I still rely heavily on Outlook, but before I pay $30+ again, the program better be able to also sync Notes and Tasks and provide Category support. Is a $70 price point realistic today? No, not even for me. However, if I'm forced into the $30 with the current offering, I'll bite the bullet. But I'll also be e-mailing them every few weeks for more features.

With that being said, if I was a betting man, I'd bet the biggest issues are on the Palm app side. Right now all of these sync apps are passing info from/to the Pre Contacts and Calendar apps. I have a feeling that is where a lot of the limitations/problems are coming from, i.e. Calendar recurring event issues, no categories, etc. That is why I would prefer it if Chapura (or any other quality developer) made apps to replace the Pre Contacts, Calendar, Memos and Tasks apps. Just as KeySuite did for the PalmOS. Replacement apps are worth $30+ to me, not sync apps. I think if we wait around for Palm to fix their own apps, we'll be waiting a long time.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    as soon as i can sync via cable or bluetooth, i'll buy it. until then, it's useless to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by g0rey1 View Post
    as soon as i can sync via cable or bluetooth, i'll buy it. until then, it's useless to me.
    yeh this the first time im FORCED to sync over the air
    i just have to manually turn my wifi on but im used to the cable
    i guess its assumed the wifi sync is more convenient than cable syncing

I just cant believe they took it out of beta and all it does is sync calandar and outlook contacts ONLY, not even the photo of contacts

I too rely heavily on outlook but the product i buy will have to support notes memos and contacts and calandar
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I never bothered to update PocketMirror to the current version, which expires. So mine just keeps working for free. Since I haven't seen any statements about what is changing from version to version, I don't feel any rush to update. But, when Chapura supports notes, tasks, and email, I will pay for it, unless Mark/Space has come out with their promised Windows sync tool in which case a feature comparison will be in order. If Chapura was more transparent I would consider just choosing to support them right now, but with no transparency, no info about updates, no timeline for new features or even any roadmap (i.e. which features are first), I'd rather wait before handing out my money.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I like the program but won't pay $30 for an incomplete program. The tasks are essential for me. I sent them a polite email saying I'd find another alternative...and I will. If and when they complete it, I'll re-evaluate. But if, by then, I've found a solution that works, I won't need them. I hope they reconsider but I'm not holding my breath.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I guess I spoke too soon, my copy just gave me the 7-day warning today, hours after I posted...
    Yeah, I think the 30.00 price tag is step but what happens if i remove pocket mirror will i lose everything. I really Love The OTA sync, If they add notes and everything else i will bite it and drop the 30.00.
    Yes, if you remove the app, the account with all it's info will be removed. As flunkn mentioned in the third post in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Yes, if you remove the app, the account with all it's info will be removed. As flunkn mentioned in the third post in this thread

Argh. That really really sucks. Think it's time for someone to make a homebrew app for syncing. I really like PocketMirror, but sorry don't wanna pay $30 for a halfway functional app...
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Argh. That really really sucks. Think it's time for someone to make a homebrew app for syncing. I really like PocketMirror, but sorry don't wanna pay $30 for a halfway functional app...
    damn are you serious?
    Wow thanks for the heads up
    But even tho the program might expire as long as I don't remove the apps my contacts stay right?
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Can any one confirm that you are getting true two update between outlook and your Pre. From what I can tell PocketMirrors does not update changes to contacts on the Pre back to Outlook. Therefor it's only one program, i.e., outlook to Pre. Any comments?

P.S. if I'm correct then $30 bucks the big no deal.
    It's a true two-way sync between the Pre and Outlook for both Calendar and Contacts (personal experience).
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    I was sandbagged by Chapura too. I started using Mirror, and only later got a warning that it was being converted to a 7 day "trial." When that expired, I deleted Mirror, and . . . all my contacts and calendar entries disappeared with it! Mirror was fine for what it did, but it didn't do much; no syncing of photos or categories (as well as other contact info), for example, or any memos or tasks or notes. And Chapura wants $30??!!?? NFW. I will sync manually until another app comes along, either free if it's like the limited Mirror, or some reasonable price if it does much more than Mirror.

Given that 90% of folks use Outlook and many stand alone, not providing a free or reasonably priced syncing app is really outrageous.
    How do we sync manually? I have close to 400 contacts!
    You guys are blaming Chapura for limitations in the WebOS platform. They can't implement task and notes syncing because WebOS does not support that. The calender and contacts disappearing when you remove the app is probably a side effect of Synergy. It would be the same if you deleted a google account.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I went ahead and bought Pocket Mirror...but for those who don't want to, Google method works ok. Just make your Google set before you delete Pocket Mirror. The rest of the instructions are in here somewhere. Good luck! D.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I went ahead and bought Pocket Mirror...but for those who don't want to, Google method works ok. Just make your Google set before you delete Pocket Mirror. The rest of the instructions are in here somewhere. Good luck! D.

This is what I ended up doing before deleting PocketMirror. I cleaned up my gmail contacts, downloaded an app called Go Contact Sync and synced up my Outlook contacts with Gmail. Also setup Google's outlook calendar syncing app. This is working great. However, the Go Contact Sync app isn't working as well. It has caused explorer to crash multiple times on my Vista x64 machine, and the auto syncing doesn't work worth a crap with Outlook 2007 because Outlook's trustcenter doesn't trust the app without telling it to manually each time.

Shouldn't complain too much though, cause this solution is free. If I could just get the contact auto syncing working properly on the PC side all would be well. Really not a big deal though. If I need to use a new contact in Outlook that I created on my phone I'll already be on my PC anyway to do the manual sync with Go Contacts.
    I have been using Pocket Mirror, and it has been a nice feature, so it was disappointing for it to become a $30 program, and I started looking into alternatives. I was considering paying $30 for the program if I had to, but it turns out I don't have to.

Google has a program that you can download that syncs your Outlook calendar entries to Google. Go here to download and set it up: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help.

That left me with a need for a program that syncs Outlook contact entries. Guess what, there is one. Go here for a tutorial on how to set it up: Sync Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar with Outlook | Zerone.

Because Palm syncs google contacts and calendar with the Pre, this should be an easy way to sync your outlook with the Pre, using Google as the go-between. Of course, if you don't want to go through Google, for security or other concerns, then you better pay Chapura or wait for another developer to create a cheaper app.
    I have been using Pocket Mirror, and it has been a nice feature, so it was disappointing for it to become a $30 program, and I started looking into alternatives. I was considering paying $30 for the program if I had to, but it turns out I don't have to.

Google has a program that you can download that syncs your Outlook calendar entries to Google. Go here to download and set it up: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help.

That left me with a need for a program that syncs Outlook contact entries. Guess what, there is one. Go here for a tutorial on how to set it up: Sync Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar with Outlook | Zerone.

Because Palm syncs google contacts and calendar with the Pre, this should be an easy way to sync your outlook with the Pre, using Google as the go-between. Of course, if you don't want to go through Google, for security or other concerns, then you better pay Chapura or wait for another developer to create a cheaper app.
    Sorry about the double post, I only clicked it once, I swear!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast