Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I read all the reviews who talk about some sluggishness launching apps.

My phone is 2 days old. My problem I find is that there is alot of 'stuttering.' I've updated to the latest OS 1.1.

Sometimes I'll be scrolling, say through my email folders and it will just stop for a second, then come back to life.

I see alot of that throughout the system. Yet none of the reviews mention it and to me its a big hinderence in usability. Alot of times I'll tap something and nothing seems to happen (other than the 'ripple showing') for a second or two.

I've reset the phone to no avail. I am in a basement with good signal coverage but obviously no GPS. Any problem there?
    Mark F Chinsky
    When you say of email scrolling that "it will just stop for a second" do you mean quite literally 1 second? Not trying to be rude here. My point being is that if it's a very quick time that it stops for (literally closer to 0.1 seconds) then it's normal for the Pre. If it's really stopping for a whole second then there may be something wrong.

Palm has been gradually improving performance with the Pre. I suspect things like this will eventuall not occur at all or at least only on very rare occasions.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I would say somewhere between .25 seconds and one second randomly.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    thats how it is. 1 second won't kill anyone. im more concerned with the thing shutting off randomly,