Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I don't know whether this is a bug or just a matter of me not knowing how to do it. The Pre web browser will NOT let me browse the full web version of maps.google.com. Instead if I enter that URL it starts the Pre's Google Maps app (in another card). This matters because I was stuck on a bus and needed to find a new route, but the Pre app wouldn't let me set any options like "By public transit" like the full web site does. Is there a way to prevent the Pre from "helping" me by starting the app?
    I believe the full version of the Google Maps website is loaded with flash, that's why it won't let you go there.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Hmm. On my PC I disabled the Shockwave Flash plugin and went back to that page, and it still worked. Restarted Firefox with the plugin still disabled and went back there, it still worked. Now I'm getting curious. Is that page really using Flash? Is it using whatever the non-Shockwave type is called, and if so, how do I disable that in the browser to prove it?
    It does seem that the Pre intercepts the url and opens the local app rather than allowing you to navigate to the full site. I've had the same problem with wanting to use the transit info from the full site. Haven't been able to find out where it does this, myself...

Don't know how well the full site would actually work (zooming would get annoying without a scroll wheel, and the pinch to zoom would just do the whole page, not the map region), so I can see why they'd want to get people to the local version that actually works well, but it's annoying for those cases where you need to functionality from the full site.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Yes, I really want transit functionality. Is there wa way to do it by text message?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The only part of google maps that uses flash is the Street View.