Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Sprint has finally allowed people to cut the 5 hour instruction message in response to David Pogue's Take back the Beep campaign.

    To turn it off the instruction message, follow these steps:
    Go to voicemail:
    Press 3 to go to personal options, then
    press 2 to go to greetings,
    press 1 to change the greeting
    Press 3 to "add or remove caller instructions",
    and finally press 2 to disable the greeting.


    That's it. If everyone does this, we could make the world a better place.
    The only downside I see here is that if you use the standard sprint greeting then there will be no instructions at all, it will just say:
    "You have reached the sprint PCS voice mailbox of XXX-XXX-XXXX" *Beep*
    So I would suggest recording a message saying "Blah Blah Blah, leave a message after the beep."
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/14/2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed typo at op request
  2. #2  
    I don't have this option yet in my voicemail. Anyone else try?
  3. #3  
    Just gave it a whirl and its a no-go.
  4. #4  
    Nope, that wasn't an option for me either
  5. #5  
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...back-beep.html

    Everyone hates the annoying instructions on how to leave a voicemail, if you want to shut it do the following.

    Call your voicemail.
    At the menu, press 3 for personal options.
    Press 2 for greeting.
    Press 1 to change the greeting.
    To enable / disable the instructions, press 3.
    Then Press 2 to disable.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...back-beep.html

    Everyone hates the annoying instructions on how to leave a voicemail, if you want to shut it do the following.

    Call your voicemail.
    At the menu, press 3 for personal options.
    Press 2 for greeting.
    Press 1 to change the greeting.
    To enable / disable the instructions, press 3.
    Then Press 2 to disable.
    Better instructions. I think we always had this option. I have not had the voicemail lady on my message for as long as I can remember.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7. Levi4u's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #7  
    Being able to disable the message is nothing new, I have had it turned off for a couple of years. If the reporter had done his homework he would have known that sprint has had this option for some time as to where the other carriers don't. Another example of media creating mass hysteria over nothing.
  8. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #8  
    chrissurra's instructions worked for me
  9. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #9  
    Being able to disable the message is nothing new, I have had it turned off for a couple of years.
    Well, I did not know about it, and I appreciate it.
  10. #10  
    I set this up and works like a champ. However my 13 year old had no idea what was going on when he was not "prompted" to leave a message. So he assumed that i had not answered and called me back. Over and Over, trying to leave a message. Each time there was a message left with some variation on "Dad? Are you there? What is going on?"

    He eventually just left a message hoping I was getting it. We talked later and I found out that he was calling me using his speaker phone and the "beep" to leave a message was quieter than the "ring" that was happening prior to voice mail picking up.

    Lesson Learned : Kids need to listen more. (isn't that what all parents say ...)
  11. #11  
    SEP.

    Wasting what minutes?

    A universal keystroke to quit right to beep would be nice. Its 1 on some carriers and # on others.
  12. cubefx's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #12  
    I did it 12 years ago.... Sprint, is one of the few or only carrier who have that option for many many years.
  13. #13  
    Nothing new. Been a sprint option forever.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    Sprint has finally allowed people to cut the 5 hour instruction message in response to David Pogue's Take back the Beep campaign.

    To turn it off the instruction message, follow these steps:
    Go to voicemail:
    Press 3 to go to personal options, then
    press 2 to go to greetings,
    press 1 to change the greeting
    Press 3 to "add or remove caller instructions",
    and finally press 2 to disable the greeting.


    That's it. If everyone does this, we could make the world a better place.
    The only downside I see here is that if you use the standard sprint greeting then there will be no instructions at all, it will just say:
    "You have reached the sprint PCS voice mailbox of XXX-XXX-XXXX" *Beep*
    So I would suggest recording a message saying "Blah Blah Blah, leave a message after the beep."
    I fixed your typo and will include this in the next Tips and Tricks.

    Thank you!

    - Craig
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Better instructions. I think we always had this option. I have not had the voicemail lady on my message for as long as I can remember.
    This. I've had my own robotic recording for a long time now, made with a free text to speech reader, in a very robotic voice.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I fixed your typo and will include this in the next Tips and Tricks.

    Thank you!

    - Craig
    Cool, thanks. The more people that do this, the better phone service will be.
  17. #17  
    cool thanks! i learned alot this past days. this phone rocks!
  18. Delta-9's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #18  
    If only everyone I called would also do this, then *I* would be happy.
  19. sushi's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #19  
    thanks for the tip!

Posting Permissions