Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lately in the forums there have been a lot of questionable threads created talking about how bad their experience has been with the Pre or Sprint.

Most are just rants about sprints being horrible or the Pre itself being horrible.

Before a week ago NOBODY was posting like this.

This leads me to conclude that there are verizon/apple/ATT people posting crap to make people think the Pre and Sprint are bad.

So far my experience has been WAY better than my iphone experience so i know these posts are total crap. We need to start weeding out some of those posts.

One post was some guy in a few sentences saying "this phone is total crap and im returning it immeadiately". Eveyone responded with...wow...that was a well thought out post....is this guy on crack. Obviously something is up.
    *insert dude crying bout britney spears here*
    I doubt that these people are plants from rival companies here just to stir up problems. That said, i do believe that there are many people who have genuinely valid complaints with either the pre or Sprint.

Problem is, everyone thinks that they are a unique special snowflake and that if their PERSONAL experience was crap, either the entire product line/company therefore has to be rotten. People need to get over themselves. It's fine to be disappointed in a product, especially if you shelled out $200 dollars or more for it. But give me a break, there is no need to go into a community forum online and ***** and moan about how the phone murdered kittens and was the worse conceived idea since god created adolf hitler. If you are dissatisfied because of a failing of the phone, you have a 30 day trial period. Return it before then and all is golden. Coming online just to ***** and moan about it just reaks of childish pouting.
    I agree to some extent the amount of pre haters all of sudden as increased 2 fold lately! I'll admit i wasn't happy in the beginning either with the sudden onset of a cracked Pre screen but my replacement (knock on wood) has been just as good if not better, more stable, and build quality is superior! I am just thankful that the Pre is soooo much better than my horrid HTC touch i once had (made me have a real bad taste in my mouth about touch screens) but what i am really impressed about is how it takes my old centro to the next level and i loved that phone for the shear simplicity but feature packed!!

Now if copy & paste (better version) and video recording were available oh and flash lol I would never think of owning a new phone for quite some time, i would say forever but that does not reflect my forum name lol ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I agree! I'm sick and tired of people thinking that they're allowed to have an opinion.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I agee number1pete. If you don't like Sprint, the Pre or both, there is a very simple option. We are here trying to help improve the phone, not listen to everyone cry about how terrible life with the Pre is now. GROW UP and get a different phone!!
    I would like to post a bad Pre experience. 2 actually.

1) I though I lost it. 99.97% of the time its in my posession. One day, I forgot it in the car, made it up to my office, and went to reach for it. A million things ran through my mind. Called the wife at work, called the kids at home. I was in a panic. After an hour of trying to track it down, I accepted it. I lost it. It was gone forever. Walking to my car my mind was racing, my heart just broken.

Getting closer to my car... trying to accept the fate. it was .....

RINGING.

WOW. What an experience. I hope I never have to go through that again. I almost returned it. I do not know if I can experience that kind of trauma again.

2) My second bad experience is well...... the OP said it. All the haters and over exaggerators. Apples and Oranges, you know. Not everyone likes my flourecent orange sneakers and my hot pink pants. Thats thier opinion and they are free to express it.

(no, I dont really wear that.. )
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I would like to post a bad Pre experience. 2 actually.

1) I though I lost it. 99.97% of the time its in my posession. One day, I forgot it in the car, made it up to my office, and went to reach for it. A million things ran through my mind. Called the wife at work, called the kids at home. I was in a panic. After an hour of trying to track it down, I accepted it. I lost it. It was gone forever. Walking to my car my mind was racing, my heart just broken.

Getting closer to my car... trying to accept the fate. it was .....

RINGING.

WOW. What an experience. I hope I never have to go through that again. I almost returned it. I do not know if I can experience that kind of trauma again.

2) My second bad experience is well...... the OP said it. All the haters and over exaggerators. Apples and Oranges, you know. Not everyone likes my flourecent orange sneakers and my hot pink pants. Thats thier opinion and they are free to express it.

(no, I dont really wear that.. )
    Too bad on the outfit, being local to you I would have asked for a photo-op to use as my wallpaper.

I actually became a proud Pre owner because of Sprint's goof-up with the Tour launch. I'm actually glad Sprint screwed up because the Pre was never even an option until then.

THANK YOU SPRINT!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Lately in the forums there have been a lot of questionable threads created talking about how bad their experience has been with the Pre or Sprint.

Most are just rants about sprints being horrible or the Pre itself being horrible.

Before a week ago NOBODY was posting like this.

This leads me to conclude that there are verizon/apple/ATT people posting crap to make people think the Pre and Sprint are bad.

So far my experience has been WAY better than my iphone experience so i know these posts are total crap. We need to start weeding out some of those posts.

One post was some guy in a few sentences saying "this phone is total crap and im returning it immeadiately". Eveyone responded with...wow...that was a well thought out post....is this guy on crack. Obviously something is up.
    Last I checked a message board was for posting your opinions on a subject. Everyone has the right to do so. If it's spam, avoid it and quit reading. If you disagree, post your thoughts in the their thread with your counterargument or stop reading their thread.

All your thread is doing is the exact thing that you are complaining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    *insert dude crying bout britney spears here*
    LOL!
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    OP: I am not in any way picking a fight with you, but this topic seems to be a good spot for asking a question that has been on my mind for a while.

Does anyone know if this forum has a charter or mission statement?

The creators of the forum certainly have the discretion to decide what the boundries are, but why should anyone else care if someone chooses to write about their bad experiences?

Now having said that, if the creators intended this forum to be a Palm Pre fanclub, then I would agree that it just is not polite to join a fan club for the purpose of being disruptive.

If on the other hand, it is like most forums a place to discuss ideas and experiences, then the fans of the phone can focus on the positive posts, and the people who focus or write about the negative will find themselves in the minority.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Last I checked a message board was for posting your opinions on a subject. Everyone has the right to do so. If it's spam, avoid it and quit reading. If you disagree, post your thoughts in the their thread with your counterargument or stop reading their thread.

All your thread is doing is the exact thing that you are complaining about.
    You and i have very different opinions of a message board. It's a place to gather and talk about relevant, productive ideas. Post #12523 that serves no purpose other than to share with strangers that you are "returning your pre" in a huff serves absolutely no productive means. Granted, if it was a post with well though out, reasoned complaints, I really don't mind. But lately they have all been along the lines of one liner gems such as "pre/sprint/the weather sucks, im returning my pre!"

And i really can't believe your views of just ignoring spam. Spam is the dead weight that bogs down message board communities. One can ignore them but that does not mean they don't take up resources and bump away more important and deserving threads. No one wants to wade through the spam muck to find useful information.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    You and i have very different opinions of a message board. It's a place to gather and talk about relevant, productive ideas. Post #12523 that serves no purpose other than to share with strangers that you are "returning your pre" in a huff serves absolutely no productive means. Granted, if it was a post with well though out, reasoned complaints, I really don't mind. But lately they have all been along the lines of one liner gems such as "pre/sprint/the weather sucks, im returning my pre!"

And i really can't believe your views of just ignoring spam. Spam is the dead weight that bogs down message board communities. One can ignore them but that does not mean they don't take up resources and bump away more important and deserving threads. No one wants to wade through the spam muck to find useful information.
    Our views are not so very different. I completely agree with you about it being a place to talk about relevant, productive ideas. Ideally, that would be the case in all forums. But I think that we are adult enough and intelligent enough to understand that there will always be people who get off on being disruptive. There is simply no way around that.

I feel the only real way to combat that type of behavior is to ignore it entirely. I truly believe that once those types of people see that they are no longer getting a charge out of people with their posts they will simply move on. People like that feed off getting under the skin of the average person that just wants to come to a forum and engage in productive idea-sharing. Once that "thrill" of getting a rise out of people has been taken away through the simple act of not giving them any credence then in all likelihood they will move on and look for different people to pester.

While I do feel that people have the right to post things like that I also know that they are a nuisance to what the objective of a forum truly is. I honestly feel that the only way to rid (or at the very least, lessen) the forums of these types of people is to simply not give them and validation for their efforts.
    Paranoia strikes deap. Into your life it will creap.

Dude, if you look for bad in others you will always find it. Stop profiling those that have a different view than your own. If the Pre is the magical solution that you want it to be then good comments will outweigh negative comments.

No doubt you will call me a troll or something for having dared to offer a disenting view from yours. Stop hating!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post

2) Not everyone likes my flourecent orange sneakers and my hot pink pants.
    I am returning my Pre just because of that visual.......
    How about a forum called "PreHate" or Precernd ... just for that that babble.

How about the ability to block a specific users post...?

Or.... I could just shut the hell up and go shoppping for some purple shoes. Opinions are like aholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. I do not think an intelligent discussion is even necessary or relavant. A solution is needed. How about a private "pre only" forum?

Ok so there is no solution other than buying an iphone.....

Ok shoot me now. This thread has become officially useless. Your welcome. Intellectual crying about oneliner whiners! Lol... I kill me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    Paranoia strikes deap. Into your life it will creap.

Dude, if you look for bad in others you will always find it. Stop profiling those that have a different view than your own. If the Pre is the magical solution that you want it to be then good comments will outweigh negative comments.

No doubt you will call me a troll or something for having dared to offer a disenting view from yours. Stop hating!
    I don't think you understand at all. No one has a problem with people having dissenting opinions. This is after all a very niche device and the idea that everyone will like the phone is preposterous. Your preferences are your own and it is not MY place to tell YOU that you should like the pre. I know that the phone has faults. I know that the phone could be better. I know that not everyone will like pre for many valid reasons. This is NOT my gripe.

The problem is, I and others like me come to this board for INFORMATION. We want to be informed about our device. We did not come to this board to see continuous 1 liners about people complaining about the phone or yet another person declaring their intent to return the pre. What purpose does this serve ? I already know that there is a good portion of people out there who've had bad experiences with the phone. I and others like me am not further enriched by knowing that bob in Ohio is returning his phone. Especially when an hour later joe, tom, and harry make the same post with the same exact information. It's white noise. Clutter that makes it harder for information seekers like me to find the useful information that we need.

Last I checked, there is a thread dedicated to those who decided to voice their opinion on why they want to return their pre. This seems to me to be the perfect resolution. 1 thread that allows those unsatisfied to vent like they wish, without creating a new thread and clogging up the boards with useless information allowing those that wish to ignore such posts the option to do so. Please use it.
    A couple of points:

1. Don't buy version 1 of anything if you are unwilling to wade through the defects.

2. Don't come to these forums with your complaints, unless you are attempting to make the phone better by bringing up issues that you have seen.

3. If you own any other phone, don't come here and troll around trying to **** people off. If you have something constructive to say, great. Otherwise post in the off topic boards where the drivel you have to post is not out of the ordinary.

3a. Trolling is lame. Find something productive to do.

4. Last (and most important) point, if you are constructive in your criticism of the Pre then the phone will get needed improvements. Don't flame on those trying to make the phone better.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I agree! I'm sick and tired of people thinking that they're allowed to have an opinion.

Yea even if it's an opinion about opinions!
    <<edited out quote>>
    That said, people should be able to post negative experiences. Then we can help 'em.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 08/14/2009 at 12:00 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast