Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    That said, people should be able to post negative experiences. Then we can help 'em.
    Someone posting "my phone is acting up by doing X, whats wrong ?" I have no problem with. But i have seen people complaining about the phone not having features that they wanted and threatening to return the phone, when it was known WELL in advance that the pre lacked this feature. I mean seriously ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I agree! I'm sick and tired of people thinking that they're allowed to have an opinion.
    And I'm tired of people thinking that it's not only their right to have an opinion, but that it's their right to voice that opinion wherever they want, without consequences. So yes, let's do clear this up:

1. Everyone does have a right to hold their own opinions.

2. Many people hold opinions that are stupid, uninformed, ignorant, prejudicial, biased, bigoted, ugly, downright immoral, and/or etc...

3. The right to hold an opinion does not equal a right to voice that opinion using someone else's property. That principle includes this and any other Internet forum.

4. The right to hold and voice an opinion, when being provided with the requisite forum for doing so, does not equal a right to be free from negative responses to said opinion. After all, those negative responses are themselves opinions. If you want to voice your opinion without hearing responses you don't like, then start a blog and disable comments.

5. One has a right to his or her own opinion, but not to his or her own facts. It's one thing to say, "My Pre sucks and my Sprint experience sucks, and so I'm going to return my Pre and get an iPhone." That's opinion. It's another thing entirely to say, "The Pre sucks and Sprint sucks, and so I'm going to return my Pre and get an iPhone." That's a statement of alleged fact, and it's naturally going to draw a negative response from folks who don't see it as a true fact.

This is a forum for Palm Pre aficionados to talk about their experiences with the product and to look for answers to problems. It is not, to my knowledge, a forum for disgruntled individuals to ***** and moan about their experience with no purpose other than to ***** and moan.

If the owners of Precentral want to allow that crap, then it's their prerogative. They could require us to dress in pink tutus while posting if they want--that's the meaning of ownership. But I'd say it's also entirely fair game for the rest of us who come here for a constructive and positive experience to call out those who are either just trolling or being negative.

Because, you know, we're entitled to our own opinions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Do you have same complaint about other threads that don't contain useful information? For example the threads where people sau how excited they are to finally get a Pre?

Are you against all posts sharing nothing more than an emotional opinion? Or just the ones that share a negative emotional opinion?
    To Wynand32:

....pink tutus.... Eeehh......

Hotpink tutus? I'm fricken there man!

All seriousness, I couldn't have read that better anywhere else.

Back to silliness.

If they don't let me where a hotpink tutu, I'm taking my Pre back.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Do you have same complaint about other threads that don't contain useful information? For example the threads where people sau how excited they are to finally get a Pre?

Are you against all posts sharing nothing more than an emotional opinion? Or just the ones that share a negative emotional opinion?
    If you're responding to me, I'd say, yes: I welcome posts that are positive only for the sake of being positive. This is, after all, a fan forum.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This won't turn out well.

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12